Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 on ps3

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] PS2 on ps3

Sponsored Links
    I got a ps3 (60gb) Jap 1st model ever, it got all, but as european i got pal and ps2 games not work... Now i gave back to my brother and bought a new 1 40gb pal, every ps1 games work, but ps2 seems not even if you can still make ps2 memory card... So.. do you think that it will be emulated again in the future or they cut off the instructions form Cell?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It has long been rumors that will be emulated by software, but nothing has been confirmed safe.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony sort of want the PS3 to be 'high-def' only, so it's quite unlikely that PS2 backwards compatibility will be restored. The 40Gb models are also missing the Emotion Engine chip that PS2 games require (and cannot be emulated).

Quote Originally Posted by SSJX View Post
    Sony sort of want the PS3 to be 'high-def' only, so it's quite unlikely that PS2 backwards compatibility will be restored. The 40Gb models are also missing the Emotion Engine chip that PS2 games require (and cannot be emulated).
    The european 60GB Model does not contain the Emotion Engine Chip, but emulates the PS2 Games...

Of course, the Emotion Engine can be emulated.

Hmmm... Yeah ok HD only... so why selling psx games? Not really HD i think... And anyway anyone checked EU 60gb still emulate ps2 games... if i remember well they delete it in a firmware, so why not developing something for doing that... I think that Cell is strong enought to emulate that...

Yes, I actually think they are going to do that.

The PS3 20 GB has also System Software on it that can play SOME PS2 games.

The SOME for the 20 GB is the same as the SOME for 60 GB. Not every PS2 games will run !!

That's a bit of drag. It's kind of a hassle to keep the two systems especially if you still play lots of ps2 games. Depending on how many inputs you have to your receiver, tv or home theater, this can cause a lot of wasted time.

if you look at wikipedia, there is an article about ps3 ant its capabilities, it seems that the ps2 emulation is done differently in different models.

Quote Originally Posted by robots View Post
    if you look at wikipedia, there is an article about ps3 ant its capabilities, it seems that the ps2 emulation is done differently in different models.
    in other words, emulation only, therefore not all games will be compatible...

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News