Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button [Answered] PS2 network-games between PS2 and PS3?

Sponsored Links
    Hi there,

I'm trying to find out if it will be possible to connect a PS1 and a PS3 via LAN and play a PS2 Multiplayer-Game (say MOHAA European Assault) together? So far nobody could answer me that question.

Thanks in advance...

Clouseau
    Best Answer - Posted by kuu:

It will probably not initially work since we know that PSX won't work the same way even with all the necessary requirements like ff11.

It might have to be patched or firmware updated in the future once everything gets sorted out. But don't bet on it.

Realistially you don't want a mangled network connections going out of a ps3 network. Sony engineers would violently oppose it as a QoS issue.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yea if its the same game cause then it will work

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It will probably not initially work since we know that PSX won't work the same way even with all the necessary requirements like ff11.

It might have to be patched or firmware updated in the future once everything gets sorted out. But don't bet on it.

Realistially you don't want a mangled network connections going out of a ps3 network. Sony engineers would violently oppose it as a QoS issue.

I don't think it is possible but who knows..

maybe God knows..ha

Well FF11 probably won't work at all. Chances are Sony is through with that game on PS2, and the PS3 HDD will be formatted differently to prevent programs like HDadvance from just working. All other games should work though. Just look at the 360. Its doing the emulation in software and network games work.

As far as I know there is no official statement.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News