Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] ps2 games on ps3?

Sponsored Links
    hello, this is my first post in this forum, so hello first. also i'm not a native english speaker so please be patient with grammar and/or faults, thanx.

my question is, if it's possible to play original ps2 games on ps3? every thread is about backups and iso's but is it possible to play original games without installing the games on hdd first and using swapmagic?

if not, where could i buy a swap magic dvd?!? ive looked on ebay and on the official site (where to buy) but i found nothing for my country that still sells it...

thanx for every answer.
    greetings lennson
    Best Answer - Posted by GadgetMagnet:

The 80gb does not play PS2 games. The Swap Magic discs are for the PS2 only because you have to open the lid to 'swap' to the game.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hi

it is possible to play original PS2 games on your PS3, but you have to own model with back-compatibility. what model do you have? I think first ones (60GB) were compatibile...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hey thanks for the answer, i have a new model (80GB) with only 2 usb ports at the front, i think i have no back-compatability
    but is there another way to play the games on ps3? would be nice because my ps2 broke a couple months ago and i don't want to buy a new one since i now have a ps3.

greetings lennson

Quote Originally Posted by lennson View Post
    hey thanks for the answer, i have a new model (80GB) with only 2 usb ports at the front, i think i have no back-compatability
    but is there another way to play the games on ps3? would be nice because my ps2 broke a couple months ago and i don't want to buy a new one since i now have a ps3.

greetings lennson
    Need a video chip from the PS2. In the 80gb version is carved. at the moment - nothing. Sorry for bad English.

Hello this is also my first post, so hello all.

second is that i dont think ps2 games can be played on ps3 cause MOST ps3`s are not backward compatible with ps2 titles.

there will be no backup compatibility for ps3 from FW, sony wants to sell mode ps2 models, thats why they cut the prices for ps2

Only the earlier PS3's have backwards compatibility, mainly the 60gb models. If you look on ebay or around the net you can find them, but they are starting to disappear.

okay thank you, so that means that i have to buy the swapmagic dvd... is there a shop where i can buy them? found nothing in the internet. not on ebay, not on the links from the original page.

where did you get your copy from?

greetings lennson
    thx for the answers

You can buy swap magic on almost all pc/videogames shops

Watch Out : If u dont have backwards compatibility , your ps3 will refuse to boot swap magic ( beacuse it is for ps2 )

The 80gb does not play PS2 games. The Swap Magic discs are for the PS2 only because you have to open the lid to 'swap' to the game.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News