Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: PS2 emulator?

Sponsored Links

Red Face [Answered] PS2 emulator?

Sponsored Links
    After trading in my old ps2 slim for my 60gig Ps3 a year back ive since then kept looking for a way to play my ps2 games which i still have with me. My ps3 version doesnt allow me to play them. downloaded that ps2software addon from the psStore but didnt work also.

Now the question is, what is this emulator stuff everyone keeps talking bout that would help u play your ps2 games again? I dont know much about these things so please bear with me. Im waiting for my status to get to registered member to download that A.C.E. 3 game to see if a downloaded version of a game would work.
    Last edited by rocksanity; 07-03-2009 at 12:59 PM
    Best Answer - Posted by vegeta999:

You have a 60GB PS3 that doesnt let you play PS2 games you say ? Well sounds like u got a 40GB or new 80GB PS3 model but with a 60GB hard drive in it. Those consoles cant play PS2 games yet but an official PS2 emulator for PS3 is in the works seeing as the CELL/B.E can emulate the PS2s E.E chip.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by rocksanity View Post
    After trading in my old ps2 slim for my 60gig Ps3 a year back ive since then kept looking for a way to play my ps2 games which i still have with me. My ps3 version doesnt allow me to play them. downloaded that ps2software addon from the psStore but didnt work also.

Now the question is, what is this emulator stuff everyone keeps talking bout that would help u play your ps2 games again? I dont know much about these things so please bear with me. Im waiting for my status to get to registered member to download that A.C.E. 3 game to see if a downloaded version of a game would work.
    Are you talking about emu for pc or what? If so you should try out pcsx2.

[Register or Login to view links]
    [Register or Login to view links]

If it is on the ps3, that may depend on what model of the ps3 you have (20gig,60gig, region etc) using the usbloader and a compatible swap magic version (3.6+ and up).

What ps2software addon are you referring to that you got from the psn store?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think he's looking for usbadvance

PAL 60GB
    NTSC 20/60GB

My bad, I always get the names wrong between the loader and advance.

emulator for the ps3.. i have a 60gig ps3 that doesnt let me play ps2 games. i forgot what version that is tho.

its called PS2 System Data from the disc-based addons section in the store.

You have a 60GB PS3 that doesnt let you play PS2 games you say ? Well sounds like u got a 40GB or new 80GB PS3 model but with a 60GB hard drive in it. Those consoles cant play PS2 games yet but an official PS2 emulator for PS3 is in the works seeing as the CELL/B.E can emulate the PS2s E.E chip.

Smile RE:

hello,

there is a ps2 - ps3 emulator which will allow you to play ps2 games on the ps3. google it an you will find a download site...

im sure there is not a ps2 emulator for the ps3. it would have to have been hacked first and its not. if sony releases one in a firmware update it would be cool.

Ok here's the catch. It would be impossible to have a PS2 Emulator for the PS3 on 40GB at the moment and dont say it uses linux like the other emulators because the PS2 would need to utilize some of the RSX's power to emulate the PS2 titles but thts not possible either seeing as the RSX isnt able to be used in linux.

In my opinion, if there was a PS2 emulator for the 40GB PS3 tht used linux, it woud have the poorest performance and only around 10% PS2 titles would run with slight lagg. But anyway a way to emulate the E.E chip in the Cell processor has been found (but this feature has simply been deactivated or undiscovered till recently) , now they're working on the same for the GS in the RSX chip.
    Last edited by vegeta999; 07-05-2009 at 06:34 PM

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News