Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] PS1 Controllers on PS3 via Adapter?

Sponsored Links
    I just realized that my old Playstation controllers do not have "Dual Shock 2" inscribed on it. so I would think it's safe to assume that I have PS1 controllers. What I'm curious to know, can they still be used with the PS3 via the USB adapter?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't see any reason why not... after all, PS1 and PS2 controllers were universally compatible with both consoles...

I guess the best way would be to try it out

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It will work fine but your gonna need those nice little sticks for 90% of things.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkillerj View Post
    It will work fine but your gonna need those nice little sticks for 90% of things.
    Remember, the 2nd generation PS1 controllers had analogue sticks, but no DualShock branding on them - I just checked on one of mine

PS1 controller should work with the USB, but I can't confirm. Even if it works, you won't be able to play most PS2 games. I remember a lot of games wouldn't work with standard PS1 controllers, even if there were the 2 sticks. This apply too for Sony's PS1 controllers.

Good luck

I use a old ps1 dualshock on my ps2 and my ps3 and it works fine for everything.

I use a old ps1 dualshock on my ps2 and my ps3 and it works fine for everything.
    Thanks for everyones reply. But to sinkillerj, what firmware are you running?

It shouldn't. Anyway, on PS2.... I know MGS3 is kinda pressure sensitive, and that feature was only on PS2 Dualshock2 controllers, and not PS1 ones.

Hmm good point on pressure ill have to try it out. Im on version 1.54

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News