Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Protecting My PS3 Discs help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi everyone, just had a question hoping someone can shed some light on, I am past being a complete noob but not by far so I apologize if my question is stupid. I have quite a few games, I purchased course and over time the discs got scratched, ect. making them unable to play.

Thank god I backed them up, after I bought them as I am on kmeaw 3.55 and can play the backups, of the games that I purchased. My question is why I would I backup my purchased games that require 3.60 - 4.x , as I cannot play them? Thank you for your time to read my hopefully not too stupid question.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There are alot of devs that are working on ways to play newer games. I would make backups and save them cause this hobby can change in a matter of a few break throughs. There is always hope that someone will release something that will play newer games. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the reason why you cant play newer games (3.6+ games that is) is because that these new games are signed with new keys.

think about these keys like a password on a rar file, without that password, you cant use the file. So same here, without the newer keys, we cant play them.

Wow... to come back on the scratches... what did you do with the discs?? Blu- ray discs are very tough! So I cannot believe you make scratches on them without forcing...

Yeah, I'll admit thats an interesting one, the disks have a special coating to prevent scratches. Apart from taking a key to a disc, it's quite hard to scratch them with normal use. You could try (depends on publisher) calling and asking for a new disc. If the disc is scratched / damaged they may send you a new one in exchange for the broken one for shipping costs.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News