Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] The problem with RSOD help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I have a problem with my ps3 console. After run appears red screen and i hear standard boot sound. I try downgrade in service mode but it always redscreen appears again but recovery mode work. I can install update via recovery but doesn't help too.

I do not know what software was installed when I downgrade first time. Thanks in advance for help.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    try with diffrent firms to make a clean update from 3.55 and earlier so then you will be able to install kmnew firm 3.55

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I try downgrade to 3.15 and install 3.55 via recovery but isn't help.

Is it possible that NAND has bad blocks? If so, I can replace it?

I used the 3.55 original *.PUP to bring my PS3 back in live. You should do it with your downgrade dongle and Sony's 3.55 Firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    I used the 3.55 original *.PUP to bring my PS3 back in live. You should do it with your downgrade dongle and Sony's 3.55 Firmware.
    I tried..

Is it possible that NAND has bad blocks? If so, I can replace it?

have you tried using component cable or normal scart one? if the NAND has bad blocks its one hell of a job, dont even know if it would be possible to replace it, probably doable but id say extremely hard, and you probably need one of the NAND writers soldered to it to,

if you get sound it would be wierd if there was any real problem with the nand, it would probably look like a brick, much like ylod one.

you say recovery work, if you update thru recovery you will get a RSOD, but its fixable with the downgrade dongle.

I tried too

RSOD should mean that something in the NAND of the PS3 is corrupt. If you can set your console still in Factory Mode, you are able to re-write the NAND with the *.PUP. That's what I do after playing in dev_flash. I used the modified 3.41 which works, but when I want to upgrade it gave me an error. So I tried the original (!) 3.55 and this one works without any problem.

Could be that the firmware was more tiny 3.41 than the previous 3.55. So there was still "bad" data on the NAND. After I used the original *.PUP is installed Kmeaw on my system via Recovery Menu and it works perfect.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News