Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Problem with PS3 3.55 CFW help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi ill try to explain my problem here. I bought my ps3 (fat) in something like 2008/2009~~. Then i get a Jailbreak (usb device) and installed a backup manager + blackb0x FTP. Everytime i wanted to play i was turning on a console in a something like safe mode(holding two buttons on console to turn it on). Today i bought a 32gb pendrive to play some fifa and I realized that many games don't works on it cuz its old(i had firmware 3.41). So i installed official fw 3.55 and then cfw.

1) Download PS3 3.55 Kmeaw CFW from the Sticky thread.
    2) If you're not already on official firmware 3.55, download it and install as you normally would.
    3) Now put your CFW, after renaming it to PS3UPDAT.PUP in the following way, PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP
    4) At first, try installing it through XMB, System>Update>Through Storage Media.
    5) If it shows no applicable update data found, install it through Recovery Mode.
    6) Congratulations, you are on CFW now.

After this steps i get stuck, because my old backup manager just don't works. 3-4 years ago there was only this jailbreak to play custom games and I totally don't know how it works now. So I'd like to get some help from you guys

Sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by Lotarix; 10-31-2012 at 09:33 PM Reason: .
    Best Answer - Posted by BluRay:

You don't need QA flag or Rogero 4.30, don't even know why people are telling this.

Just to make I get It, you installed 3.55 Kmeaw and the backup manager stopped working? Are you 100% sure It's 3.55 Kmeaw? Check your FW version, there is always a chance you accidentally installed a 3.55+ FW. Which backup manager are you using? Make sure you download the latest MultiMan AND INSTALL THE BDEMU.pkg, as the game backups won't work without It.

Btw, 3.55+ CFWs are not really worth It, not even for easy PSN due to the ban wave. Unless you're crazy for the newer OFW features such as Vita support, stick to 3.55. The best 3.55 would be Rebug 3.55.3 REX CFW, It's filled with features the other CFWs just don't have, there is also a Rebug 4.21 CFW with the same features If you insist on going over 3.55.

Sponsored Links

Fixed for your problem

Sponsored Links
    Download the new rogero CFW 4.30 should also come with the manager, make sure you install on recovery mode.

since you are on OFW 3.55 you are good to go. install the rogero CFW 4.30

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    should i still use my jailbreak (usb device)? or now its useless? ok so i downloaded: Rogero CEX-4.30 v1.00 + multiMAN ver 04.08.01 + Showtime 04.01.208 now i'll try to install it. btw, how to install these addons. i mean multiman + showtime. any target folder?

when trying to install from OFW 3.55 to rogero 4.30 i got an error: "Update data of version 2.30 or later can be installed on this system.(8002F967)".

Last edited by Lotarix; 11-01-2012 at 12:29 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've been trying to find out the same thing because I have the same issue.

You have to install Cfw, install rogero 3.55 ver 3.7 and then install your rogero 4.30. Remember to always install from safe mode on the ps3. And the answer your other question you don't need to your old jailbreak device anymore.

That had a payload installed on the USB device now the payloads are built right into the Cfw. When you get your Cfw 4.30 installed you go to install packages and then select the two files you want. Now remember that when installing any Cfw you run risk of bricking the ps3. Thanks and let us know how you turn out.

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/r...e-is-released/

Read this through so you know.

Ok one more thing install it by holding the power button and you will hear one beep and then another and the ps3 will shut Off. Release the power button and hold it down again you will hear one beep and then you will hear two really fast beeps. Like beep beep release the power button and then select the update system and then select the update you wish. Thanks
    Last edited by racer0018; 11-01-2012 at 01:54 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok, now I get this error on my e3 ps3 - the system software cannot be run correctly, press the ps button to try to restart the system. if the system cannot be restarted, the system partition of the hard disk must be reformatted and you must reinstall the system software.

connect storage media that contains update data of version 3.55 or later, and press START and SELECT buttons at the same time. What do I do now?

Banned User
    you put a 3.55 pup on a usb stick inside a folder called UPDATE. you put that folder inside another folder called PS3 so its like this

D:/PS3 / UPDATE / PS3UPDAT.pup

the ps3updat.pup is your 3.55 fw pup then you follow the instructions the ps3 gives you and hope for the best. some people would advise using ofw 3.55 pup and the reinstall whatever cfw you had later. some people say you can just use your 3.55 cfw pup , i've done it this way myself.

Edit: ignore what i've put. if you've just downgraded. don't do it or you likely to brick, you need to toggle QA and ive no idea how you would do that from where you are.
    Last edited by G Sus; 11-12-2012 at 07:55 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lotarix,

You need to use Toggle_QA by Rebug and enable QA toggle. Once you enable it, just press the said combination buttons while you on network settings, and then enable Debug System Update, please be note that Rogero is reported for its many console brick reports, so just to be safe, I recommend you to use 4.21.1.

Banned User
    his problem is he can't.

ps3 isn't in xmb to toggle qa

All this different instructions might be getting a bit too complicated for him to follow. The first CFW I ever installed was Rogero 3.55 v3.4, and I don't think my system had QA toggle enabled.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News