Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Unhappy [Answered] Problem compiling payloads help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi, sorry to be increasing the ever long list of questions with which is obviously a user error of mine but I really can't seem to compile payloads...

I've tried on two PC's now and I can't seem to get it to work, with the same error! this is as far as I get:

Download GIT - check
    Install GIT - check
    Download WinAVR - check
    Install WinAVR - check
    GIT Login - ok

git clone git://github.com/evilsperm/CE-X-3.41.git [ok]
    cd CE-X-3.41 [ok]
    git submodule init [ok]
    git submodule update [ok]

edit makefile - check
    edit modelset.h.s - check

start tclsh84.exe - check
    make - fail (Error 2)

Git downloads all the nessesary files to the correct directory,
    I edit the makefile to my jailbreak device, a minimus v1 (which is pre-defined anyway), then the modelset.h.s to my PS3 type, a 60GB partial B/C european unit then i try to compile but no success...

I've tried it on two PC's, with the following OS's:

Dell Inspiron 1520
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit

MSI-Wind
    Windows 7 Home 32bit

the error I am getting is as follows:

-------- begin --------
    ave-gcc (WinAVR 20100110) 4.3.3
    Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    This is free software yadda yadda yadda

C:/WinAVR/utils/bin.make.EXE -C PL3
    make.EXE[1] entering directory `C:/WinAVR/CE-X-3.41/PL3'
    C:/WinAVR/utils/bin/make.EXE -C tools
    make.EXE[2] entering directory `C:/WinAVR/CE-X-3.41/PL3/tools'
    gcc -g dump_lv2_pcap_to_bin.c -o dump_lv2_pcap_to_bin
    process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, gcc -g dump_lv2_pcap_to_bin, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
    make.EXE[2]: *** [dump_lv2_pcap_to_bin] Error 2
    make.EXE[2]: Leaving directory `C:/WinAVR/CE-X-3.41/PL3/tools'
    make.EXE[1]: *** [tools] Error 2
    make.EXE[1]: Leaving directory `C:/WinAVR/CE-X-3.41/PL3'
    make.EXE *** [PL3] Error 2
    child process exited abnormally
    What am I doing wrong? why would the files not be found? they are downloaded to a dynamic directory, specified by the location of WinAVR aren't they?

although yes I would be very greatful if someone compiled this payload for my board and specific PS3 type, I am very interested in what I'm doing wrong, admittedly i've never compiled anything before but i'm following a YouTube video to the letter and just cant seem to get it to work??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You didn't say what Linux you are using to compile in, so I'm assuming you are using a Virtual Linux program like VirtualBox. I used this guide for my setup and it works fine.

This assumes you are running Ubuntu.
    If not then this does not apply.

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...en-source-sdk/

Maybe you don't have gcc installed or it's old?

sudo apt-get install gcc-avr

It doesn't hurt to run this line and do a checkup and see if all the modules are installed and up to date

sudo apt-get install autoconf automake bison flex gcc make wget git libppl0.10-dev libcloog-ppl-dev libelf-dev libncurses5-dev texinfo build-essential python zlib1g-dev pkg-config libto

(That all is one line, you can cut and paste it into a bash shell)
    Again, this is for Ubuntu

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    no I was using WinAVR, a windows compiling program.

I have the exact same problem. (Winavr plus all necessary programs)

I know I have installed all the programs/paths needed because I managed to compile an earlier version of the payload (pl3)
    But when I tried the newest version, All I get is the
    Code:
    process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, gcc -g dump_lv2_pcap_to_bin, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
    It's very annoying.

well according to the error code either gcc isnt installed properly or dump_lv2_pcap_to_bin isn't where it's supposed to be

"C:/WinAVR/CE-X-3.41/PL3/tools/" seems to be the folder it's supposed to be in so i'd check and make sure its there.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewelver View Post
    Hi, sorry to be increasing the ever long list of questions with which is obviously a user error of mine but I really can't seem to compile payloads...
    Actually , its looking for gcc it seems, locate it, since your on windows its probably gcc.exe, and once you do, add its location to your PATH variable, so it will look in that location for gcc.exe. I am sure that there are probably other files in there with it that are required, adding it into your PATH variable should do the trick.

Sorry, but how can i make Hex file for AT90USBKEY from CE-X latest payload source?

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Actually , its looking for gcc it seems, locate it, since your on windows its probably gcc.exe, and once you do, add its location to your PATH variable, so it will look in that location for gcc.exe. I am sure that there are probably other files in there with it that are required, adding it into your PATH variable should do the trick.
    Hi CJPC, I don't think this is the issue experienced in this thread. I had this issue a few weeks ago. The issue is that three files (dump_lv2_pcap_to_bin.c, dump_elfs_pcap_to_dir.c, dump_syscall.c) use "#include arpa/inet.h". Linux users will recognize arpa/inet.h.

If the user compiles in a Linux environment, this issue will go away.

For Linux, you need to include a few headers depending on what sockets calls that you want to use. In windows, one uses winsock instead of BSD sockets. Thus, this is a warning that inet.h is missing.

The good news is that the devs writing this code should be able to address with some changes. A quick review of the code indicated that the inet.h header file is being used to include the ntohs and ntohl functions, which are used multiple times in these files. These are generic functions that change from network byte order to host byte order, i.e. from most significant byte order used in many network protocols to the specific byte order used by the host. For x86, this is least significant byte order.

These functions are defined for Windows applications in winsock.h and winsock2.h.

Quote Originally Posted by naturesbane View Post
    Hi CJPC, I don't think this is the issue experienced in this thread. I had this issue a few weeks ago. The issue is that three files (dump_lv2_pcap_to_bin.c, dump_elfs_pcap_to_dir.c, dump_syscall.c) use "#include arpa/inet.h". Linux users will recognize arpa/inet.h.

If the user compiles in a Linux environment, this issue will go away.

For Linux, you need to include a few headers depending on what sockets calls that you want to use. In windows, one uses winsock instead of BSD sockets. Thus, this is a warning that inet.h is missing.

The good news is that the devs writing this code should be able to address with some changes. A quick review of the code indicated that the inet.h header file is being used to include the ntohs and ntohl functions, which are used multiple times in these files. These are generic functions that change from network byte order to host byte order, i.e. from most significant byte order used in many network protocols to the specific byte order used by the host. For x86, this is least significant byte order.

These functions are defined for Windows applications in winsock.h and winsock2.h.
    Nice to see you around - been a while. Hopefully your fix will work without any issues for him. Or, the easier route, using linux!

For clarity, I am recommending that the build be compiled in Linux in the meantime.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News