Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Power supply of PS3 motherboard help?

Sponsored Links
    I attempted to fix my YLOD with a heatgun. I've done it to the 360 before with success, but it did nothing for the ps3. Last night, I tried to power on the ps3 and the red light showed then faded to nothing, and I haven't seen it since. I've heard that YLOD is general hardware failure, which could include the power supply. Any ideas, because I'm just hoping it's not the motherboard.

Thanks
    Quinman22
    Best Answer - Posted by elser1:

i'd say you wrecked it mate.. heat gun method is so dodgy it does more harm than good..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'd say you wrecked it mate.. heat gun method is so dodgy it does more harm than good..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Agreed. Unless that heat is directed, to a certain point, it's very easy to burn out the transistors and mosfets on the board. They can't take that much heat at all.

Yeah, I did take great care to only apply heat to the chips by cello taping everything else and tin foiling it, but it's touchy stuff. I hate to say it, but if it was as common as the rrod, there'd be more products to fix it. A double-edged sword I guess. Of course, the rrod had such a simple cause and "solution."

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News