Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    wow, ... so you actually transfer like 50 to 70 MB every second .. !?! thats FAST .. !! :P

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This isn't meant just towards you but the other people that are posting about certain speeds in mb/s as well, do you people mean Mb/s (Megabits (1/8th the speed of MB)) or MB/s (Megabytes (8x the speed of Mb))? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    FYI, you don't even need CAT6 cables. CAT5e will give you identical performance in nearly all situations.

haha, i was _just_ about to say that, Transient! But before any one doubts you, i will confirm that this is true; Cat5e is sufficient for gigabit networks. most cables are cat5e instead of just cat5. i know the original poster said he's familiar with setting up a crossover connection, but for the n00bs I'll give a quick overview:

in the ps3 open the network settings and choose manual settings.
    set the ip address to a private ip address 192.168.0.5, for example.
    set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
    i think when i tried this the ps3 wouldnt let me continue at this point unless i entered a default gateway and dns server ip address, but on the pc you can leave these blank. you can just use the ip address of your computer for both if you want.

on the pc, open your control panel and go to network connections. right click on your wired nic. choose properties, ipv4 settings, change from dhcp to static/manual.
    set the ip address to private ip address on the same subnet at ps3, i.e.
    match the subnet mask to the ps3's, i.e. 255.255.255.0
    leave the default gateway and dns server blank.

hope someone finds this useful.

Quote Originally Posted by SporkSchivago View Post
    This isn't meant just towards you but the other people that are posting about certain speeds in mb/s as well, do you people mean Mb/s (Megabits (1/8th the speed of MB)) or MB/s (Megabytes (8x the speed of Mb))? Thanks.
    if i had said mbit then i would have wrote mbit i wrote mb = megabyte a second.

To people that says that cat6 dosnt give more performance, and is equal to cat5/5e. they should reschool.

Theres increased speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    FYI, you don't even need CAT6 cables. CAT5e will give you identical performance in nearly all situations.
    Same experiences from me

On CAT5 I have max. 40 megabytes/sec. (2.5" Samsung 5400 RPM)

You can't use a regular internet cable..? Or you have to use this special one called a crossover cable?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News