Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Is it possible to hack PSONE eboots?

Sponsored Links
    I was browsing PSN links, and I came across some PSX eboots for FFVIII and FFVII, etc... can they be hacked and dumped on the PS3/PSP?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't see why not. Though emulation would probably be easier on a few different levels - first because someone doesn't have to purchase/download it, secondly because the PSN only features a handful of titles.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    PSN licence activation.

There is a thread in Hacks about using PS1 backups with multiman, although these are for disc rips and not PSN downloads.

as far as I know multiMAN still can't run legacy backups due to the soft rest the system goes through which resets any redirected mounts. you can use PS1 and PS2 backups on backwards compatible consoles using a few PS2 exploits though.

If you can be arsed taking it apart even basic disc swapping works for PS1 and PS2 backups.

Yeah I haven't read up on it in a while and don't have a BC console . Here's to hoping for the future then.

How is this actually done with psone eboots on the psp? i remember seeing eboot psx games for psp. never tried them on my jailbroken ps3 though, probably won't even work but still...

forgot a word lol
    I meant seeing hacked psx eboots for psp
    Last edited by morrisz; 01-28-2011 at 02:39 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wink

Yes it is possible but you need some skills first and the popcorn from psp 5.0 or something and load it to pspemu flash0 in dev_flash

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News