Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] Is it possible to change the DVD Region

Sponsored Links
    I bought a silver (jp) PS3 last week and was wondering if the DVD Region can be changed. I already know that the games are universal and that jp/us have the same Blu-ray code. I still have a DVD player and 360 but if i can use the upscaling on this it would be cool.

I did a ton of searching and came up with nothing so any info would be appreciated.
    Best Answer - Posted by ohadabr:

No according to my knowledge it isn't possible to change the dvd region at the moment through software. But it might be possible to do this buy buying a new ps3 blu-ray drive and replacing it with the existing bluray drive. Its really not recommended but in the future if ps3 is hacked we could possibly change the region.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No according to my knowledge it isn't possible to change the dvd region at the moment through software. But it might be possible to do this buy buying a new ps3 blu-ray drive and replacing it with the existing bluray drive. Its really not recommended but in the future if ps3 is hacked we could possibly change the region.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have noticed that not all blu-ray movies have area code. I have PS3 bought from US but I can watch movies bought from Europe... not all though

I guess there's actually two other solutions without modding or soft hack:

- 1st: RIP the DVD on an USB HDD with region free - this work fine for me
    - 2nd: use an external USB DVD or BR reader - I have none on hand...

Will it still upscale?

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News