Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PlayStation 2 Backwards Compatibility Lost help?

Sponsored Links
    So today I jailbroke my PS3 (ordered the dongle before I heard of the new exploits). Anyways, I've figured some things out, but I can't figure out how to get PS2 backwards compatibility back (I have a 60GB fat model). I'm an absolute newbie to PS3 hacking, so any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this has been asked or resolved a thousand times over, but I couldn't find anything.
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

Also, there is an issue with BC in Jailbreak mode. There are some work arounds, but the easiest thing to do is just boot into normal mode and play. Check the MulitMan threads about testing BC in jailbreak mode.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You have your backwards compatibility. All PS3 60GB always supported BC. Nothing to do.

Just insert any ORIGINAL PS2 game disc and PS3 will play it. Still playing PS2 backups or pirated discs won't really work.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Also, there is an issue with BC in Jailbreak mode. There are some work arounds, but the easiest thing to do is just boot into normal mode and play. Check the MulitMan threads about testing BC in jailbreak mode.

Yes there are known problems with the jailbreak and BC, Like someone suggested above boot into normal mode and play them.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News