whyx

Question [UnAnswered] Playing MP4's from Dual Layer DVD+R

I have been searching everywhere for an answer to playing MP4's from Dual Layer DVD+R (8.5Gb), if I have missed the answer, sorry in advance.

I just need to know if I have a 8.5Gb mp4 on a Dual Layer DVD+R, will the PS3 have any issues playing it? I know there is a limit of 4Gb due to FAT32 on other removable devices.

Thanks heaps in advance.

i think that your Dual Layer get works on ps4... because the files format are mp4. and i think the ps3 read this...

Why not make an AVCHD mate on 8.5gb?

They work great

whyx
    Had never heard about AVCHD.... thanks heaps for the heads up, will look into it.

Some forms of media need you to use the triangle button to see the files on it then play it from there.

If you have burnt a dual layer disc and can't see it try that (not sure if it'll work, but worth a try if you have already created a coaster!)

whyx
    Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    Some forms of media need you to use the triangle button to see the files on it then play it from there.

If you have burnt a dual layer disc and can't see it try that (not sure if it'll work, but worth a try if you have already created a coaster!)
    Not quite at that stage yet, still converting the video over. Just really needed to know if I should be aiming to the 4Gb limit or go at 8.5Gb.

I will see what happens and post the results, might be a while but, only have a P4.

Yes, you can play an mp4 video on a dual layer dvd.

You have to burn the dvd in UDF 2.5 and the ps3 will see it and play it.

Don't forget to burn in UDF 2.5.

whyx
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberbob View Post
    Yes, you can play an mp4 video on a dual layer dvd.

You have to burn the dvd in UDF 2.5 and the ps3 will see it and play it.

Don't forget to burn in UDF 2.5.
    Thanks heaps for that info cyberbob, will do!