Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Play PS3 games on external with files over 4gb?

Sponsored Links
    How do you play games w/files over 4gb on ext. hdd?
    Best Answer - Posted by barrybarryk:

updates to multiman are irrelevant until a cfw has ntfs you'll never be able to launch a game from an ntfs drive.

he asked how can he run a game with a file larger than 4GB from an external. you can't.

it must be copied to the internal. This questions gets asked almost everyday. lock this topic.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you don't..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    get multiman 16.03 with ntfs support and with game on ntfs copy to ps3 hdd and then copy to external and multiman will split the game for you

Transfer them to you internal HD. Also, watch for updates to MultiMan, as NTFS support is evolving.

You can't write to NTFS volumes yet in MM, only copy FROM.
    Last edited by severusx; 02-27-2011 at 02:41 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i never said copy to ntfs! i said with the game on ntfs copy it to the ps3 hdd then copy from there to ext.

updates to multiman are irrelevant until a cfw has ntfs you'll never be able to launch a game from an ntfs drive.

he asked how can he run a game with a file larger than 4GB from an external. you can't.

it must be copied to the internal. This questions gets asked almost everyday. lock this topic.

i've got one on my ext if you copy it with multiman it splits it.

yes but you cant PLAY a split game you need to have it on your internal drive or it'll have issues.

How many times are we supposed to say the same thing over and over. I'm creating a FAQ thread in the CFW/MFW thread that should answer everything.

Just waiting till I get my darn computer back.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News