Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by patatdrolleke83 View Post
    If it depends on the savegame, than it depends on the Game, right?

So if you have a Japanese PS3 and a US game (like Resisstance for example) you would get gore on the screen.
    But a japanese version on the US PS3 would run too, but without gore.

Am I right?
    No ! I have a Jap PS3 and a Jap game. With a US save game you get the gore.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    oh cool :-D
    Didn't know this was possible. thx for the info

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As far as I recall the probem (with PS2 anyway) playing PAL DVDs on NTSC consoles (movies that is) was that the buffer used to play the movies only supports 480 lines on NTSC consoles whereas PAL consoles support upto 576 lines to playback the PAL standard. As the NTSC console's buffer isnt big enough to draw 576 lines it failes to play any PAL movies.

You could (if you have the hardware) simply run it through DVD Shrink and make the disk region free. If its simply a matter of locking out the region # then this will take both the PS3 and the movie disk itself out of the equation leaving your TV as the sole remaining factor.

^^^ i wondered about that, simply removing the region code doesn't automatically make a PAL DVD turn into NTSC though, so it would still be in the PAL format for us NTSC PS3 owners (talking about regular DVDs, not games)

If its the same as the PS2 then region codes arent the problem even using ARMax or GameShark a NTSC PS2 cannot play PAL DVDs due to the frame buffer.

If this is the same on PS3 then no region meddling will fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by GarciaM25 View Post
    ^^^ i wondered about that, simply removing the region code doesn't automatically make a PAL DVD turn into NTSC though, so it would still be in the PAL format for us NTSC PS3 owners (talking about regular DVDs, not games)
    Correct. The video output won't be changed. But there are some tools to convert them into NTSC or PAL. But if you don't want to copy the disc and try to convert them, than you gonna need a TV which supports NTSC and PAL as well.

But about that region code, that depends on your DVDPlayer. On PS2 you can use something like swapdisc or what they're named or if you have an exploited PS2 you can use a software to bypass it :-)

But with the PS3, i'm not sure yet (don't have it yet) But I think there are some programs to bypass the region code via Linux

Well i'm planning to import a PS3 from Asia (Hong Kong, but I think they sell Japanese versions) But i'm afraid about those regioncodes security on games (in the future, maybe?). So far that I know is that the games aren't locked, but BR-films does. Is it better to wait EU release or Import it? ( I don't wanna import games later, wanna play games from EU then)
    Last edited by patatdrolleke83; 02-06-2007 at 05:57 PM

Other region PS2 games do not work at all on the ps3....

Quote Originally Posted by keyrat View Post
    I have a US NTSC PS3 and I can confirm that PAL formatted DVDs do not work. I've tried with two retail movies I have that are region unlocked. It says "Video in the PAL broadcast standard are not supported."
    this was noted in the second post on this thread, we know this does not work....

Quote Originally Posted by keyrat View Post
    Both work fine with the US 360.
    but this was not previously stated - my XBOX plays both PAL and NTSC, but i didn't know the 360 does as well.... something M$ certainly has the advantage over $ONY at the moment!!! i'm really looking forward to get down to just one system, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like i'll be void of my XBOX any time soon....

Quote Originally Posted by nicop View Post
    i have a jap ps3 and live in germany. pal dvd´s do not work. ps3 games work from the us and from jap so i figure pal will work too. For blue ray disks, I bought a german version of "Underworld 2" and it plays flawlessly on the Jap machine.
    It's because Underworld 2 is a region free Bluray movie. I did a search on the net and is one of the movies that's not region locked. been meaning to buy the Australian release for use on my Japanese PS3.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News