Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Override Blu-ray drive board firmware in the EPROM?

Sponsored Links
    I have recently bought a new motherboard for my original 60GB PS3 after it got the YLOD. The problem is, I can't play any discs because what I learned only after is that the motherboard and the Blu-Ray drive board are married...

The way to fix this is to override the firmware of the drive I think. I'm not sure exactly what's involved or how to do this but I know it's possible and has been done. Could anyone help me out with this? To be honest, it's also a bit urgent

Thanks guys, sincerely.
    Last edited by Typhoon859; 12-27-2010 at 04:49 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's some secret key extracting stuff, with which you can actually remarry them, don't think anyone done it before or it is possible now.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I asked the guy that I bought the motherboard from and he said that he has done it using some program - I dunno. I'm sure it can be done though.

There is not a way yet, unless the guy is magic - he lied. I suggest you get back and chat with him, to either get the name of the program, or a refund.

Replacing motherboard chip which syncs the Blu-Ray drive?

In a less direct way of solving the problem of getting a PS3 motherboard replacement to work with the disc drive, is there a chip that I can switch from the old motherboard that got the YLOD with the new one - the one that has the information stored in relation to the drive or whatever, if there is one? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon859 View Post
    In a less direct way of solving the problem of getting a PS3 motherboard replacement to work with the disc drive, is there a chip that I can switch from the old motherboard that got the YLOD with the new one - the one that has the information stored in relation to the drive or whatever, if there is one? Thanks
    No, there is not. You have to contact this guy again, in my eyes, he's a liar. There is no magic way of doing that. Service mode will help with pairing the drive to the board, but again you need the keys.

Get a refund from that idiot, I doubt he knows what he's doing thus why he sold you the motherboard.

Hmm... Well, hopefully he replies. I'll see what he has to say and then report back here. If he actually tells me how and it works, I'll definitely give the explanation here.

Also, what this means if it's true that there's absolutely no way, there is no solution for the YLOD. Having to resettle the CPU and GPU every month or so using a heat gun or whatever is not a solution. Doing that doesn't last for anybody. I've been fighting this but I guess the only option would be to shell out $300 for another PS3 which is also a downgrade.

Yey for spending $900 on a PS3 that can't play PS2 games and only has two USB slots which even the Wii has + $122 for the motherboard if I don't get a refund.

I also bought fans for the PS3 after I fixed it initially which I think only made it worse and bought a power supply because I thought it was the issue initially. $60 more on this piece of crap. PS3 is more protected than the Pentagon if this site is the best of what's possible to do with it.

Sorry, but it's extremely frustrating, time consuming, and expensive. In the case of anything in regards to the PS3, I would've been better off being an idiot and spending money constantly buying a new replacement regardless of whatever minor issue like everyone else. The time I spent on this is insane.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News