Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] OtherOS-Linux on a Demo Unit?

Sponsored Links
    Topic asks the question, OtherOS and Demo Units. I can get a 60GB demo unit that has Demo Firmware 2.7

Has anyone ever tried running Linux, or is OtherOS disabled on these?
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

Quote Originally Posted by datalogger View Post
    Topic asks the question, OtherOS and Demo Units. I can get a 60GB demo unit that has Demo Firmware 2.7

I was able to install Linux on a demo unit - yes, so as long as it is at the right firmware, you should be fine.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not sure, but stay away from demo units. Those things lock you out with each update, and you got to figure out the code to unlock it each time. It's too much hassle. If you really want to buy one, make sure its at a real nice price.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    Not sure, but stay away from demo units. Those things lock you out with each update, and you got to figure out the code to unlock it each time. It's too much hassle. If you really want to buy one, make sure its at a real nice price.
    Soon enough we'll be able to fully "convert" those units to retail mode. They have the same hardware after all, only some registry flags are changed.

Quote Originally Posted by daveribz View Post
    Soon enough we'll be able to fully "convert" those units to retail mode. They have the same hardware after all, only some registry flags are changed.
    I was thinking the same thing, but in order for that to happen someone would need to get the demo units to run jailbreak.

Does the Demo unit even have the OtherOS selection in the menu? (on the pre-3.21 FW)
    Last edited by datalogger; 09-28-2010 at 01:38 AM Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by datalogger View Post

I was able to install Linux on a demo unit - yes, so as long as it is at the right firmware, you should be fine.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News