Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Optical discs backups with Backup Manager

Sponsored Links
    Hey, I was just wondering.. Since Backup Manager just redirects all reads from the disc to the HDD, wouldn't be possible to burn the game files to a blank Blu-ray disc, modify Backup Manager's behavior and filesystems compatibility and just mount the disc as our backup?

I really don't know how to explain this, but I'm sure you understand me
    Best Answer - Posted by OGroteKoning:

I don't think it will work. The ripped game is unencrypted and in order to play any backed up game, you must have any original encrypted game in the BD drive. Maybe in the future as the hack develops more.

See here though: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...playstation-3/

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    actually, since the games are unencrypted when you rip them for backup, i wonder if anyone has tried just burning them to a BR disc and seeing if the PS3 will play them as is with the PS3 in dev mode (i.e. after running the exploit).

very much reminds me of the original xbox all over again, so i have thoughts similar to how that all was back when the xbox first got modded.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well just for giggles i tried it using a dvd dual layer and it didnt work, but then again i did not know if the filesystem was correct. i guess i can try it with a bd-r, but doubt it would work. not sure on what settings to use to burn the discs.

just because the backup manager when do the backup modify the the path inside the eboot for internal or external hard disk, specifically you can do this if you modify the path inside the eboot for CDFS. this as far as I know for the PS3 TEST works, so I think also for retail jailbreaked PS3... regards.

P.S. hope that this will be available in future too.
    Last edited by Siggy12; 09-08-2010 at 03:02 AM

This might sound noobish or whatever, but you could burn a game to a BR-R Disk, and then rip it to the HDD and play.

I mean , this is useful if you bought a game, and if you want to play it, you must back it up, can you understand me?

I do. You mean that you can 'backup' games on a disc, but in order to play them, you need to rerip them on the PS3. This would be nice especially for keeping the original disc out of crap.

I don't think it will work. The ripped game is unencrypted and in order to play any backed up game, you must have any original encrypted game in the BD drive. Maybe in the future as the hack develops more.

See here though: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...playstation-3/

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News