Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Opening .par files help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi everybody,

Does anybody know if there is a way to open .PAR files? We know how to extract PSARC files but not hear about this kind of file.

You can find this files inside Yakuza4. We need to know how to extract its content because we need to know where the english subtiltes are, because we have a project to translate this game into spanish.

Could anyone help us please? Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can use Quickpar.

It is by the way a file for repairing your extracted files. So I don't know if you can extract that kind of files.
    Last edited by b100; 03-28-2011 at 05:16 AM

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    Not so sure if quickpar will work, but i will give it a try. Thanks anyway.

More ideas are welcome.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quickpar is used for repairing rar archives, and will be of no use at all.

That's right. It's not working. Any ideas?

thanks

Well, where did the PAR files come from? I have only ever seen them included with a download in order to perform a CRC/Repair on a set of files. Are you sure it's part of the game and not just a recovery set?

You could try to open it with a hex/binary editor, but I'm not sure where that will get you.

Try renaming .par to psarc and then use PSARC.exe

Why? Seems to me like .par is "Playstation Archive" and is the same as .psarc

anyways, give it a try.

Unhappy

that's what i thought in first place, but no success at all. No files were extracted.

.par files are not playstation archive files (what?) they are used for repair.

"PAR files contain error-correction data that can be used to fix files that become corrupted during the upload/download process. PAR files can be used to protect any kind of file. For example, suppose you send a video file to your mom, but she can't play it because it is damaged. Instead of re-sending the whole file, you could send her a much smaller PAR file to fix it. And the next time you send her a video file, you could send a PAR file at the same time. That way, if the video file is damaged, she could fix it with the PAR immediately."

par files used to be quite popular when downloading via irc or newsgroups.

The problem is that "recovery" PAR files on a mastered media would be useless. Could you tell us the file size of one of those files? Maybe an encrypted archive. Try uploading the smallest you can find for people to check.

EDIT: You need to understand that you can chose any extension you want for a certain file. For example, .PKG files are used on Macs as installer packages, and on PS3s for game packages, but they are not the same. Just because a file finishes with .PAR, doesn't mean it's a archive protecting file.
    Last edited by daveribz; 03-28-2011 at 07:11 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News