Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Online Play w/o updating ps3?

Sponsored Links
    I'm new to the PS3 so sorry if i'm asking really noob questions..

I just got the CoD 4 and I wanna play online..but to play online I need a PSN account..
    and..to create a PSN account..an update is needed..but i dont want to..I've been going through many different forums and I've read many many many many problems on the new version 3.0 so I waited a while for the 3.1..and..when it came out people have been saying it has even gotten worse..making blu-ray Movies not a valid format..even more freezing of games and etc.

And I am certain I won't be updating until there is a stable version..so is there anyway i can play online without updating the Console so I can create a PSN account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Im using a PS3 Slim with version 2.8 (factory version)

Sponsored Links

same here

Sponsored Links
    I'm also brand new to gaming & the PS3 Slim... got mine a few weeks ago.

After reading all the probs with v3.0 & 3.01 I put off updating. When I finally did it I had ZERO problems. I tend to think that folks w/ older systems may have had the majority of the difficulties. I also found that some of the things that people complained about the new interface, I actually liked..(font size for one).

Recommend u bite the bullet & go for it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I updated from 2.80 to 3.01 and I have had no issues. That includes playing Blu-ray movies and playing CoD4.

I say go for it.

Arrow

You can read what others said in our Poll thread on this very topic here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...id-107927.html

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News