Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Online with New Account?

Sponsored Links
    I was just wondering, because my PS3 is jailbroken I am obviously on 3.41 and can't go online. But if I use the DNS bypass method and create a new PSN account, would it be safe to go online with legit bought games on the newly created account? Or can $ony still detect the JB and possibly ban me?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The DNS bypass method has been blocked and therefore renders your question useless.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Oh, really? Well in that case is there any way to bypass the update?

Not to go on PSN sadly, short of updating your PS3 Firmware. The link below is from when Sony blocked all the methods:

http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-3...-issues-arise/

Ah okay thanks. Do you know if anyone is working on a way to get back on PSN? Getting pretty anxious because of black ops haha. Might need another ps3.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by asandhu View Post
    Ah okay thanks. Do you know if anyone is working on a way to get back on PSN? Getting pretty anxious because of black ops haha. Might need another ps3.
    The smart thing to do would be to buy a used PS3 on eBay that works perfectly but has a failed Blue Ray drive laser, because the cost would be cheaper than buying a new system.

Then swap out the good laser from your Jailbreaked system into the used one you just got on eBay. A jailbroken system can run games without a game in the drive anyways. So you wont even need a good laser in your jailbroken system.

I just bought a used PS3 system only for $ 102.50 that works perfect, only it needs a new lens for the drive which is why I got it for cheap. All I have to do is swap out my good lens into that system, then its good as new.

The purpose of doing this is to get another system for online play as cheap as possible.

Only thing is, you need to make sure your lens is compatible with the system you're buying, just check model numbers and you're good.

Now I have a perfectly good system from eBay for only $102.50. Ready for Black Ops.

Hmm that's a pretty good idea. But I thought the compatibility with the no disc mode was pretty bad. Are you going to use your existing PSN account on your online console or are you making a new one? And how difficult is the process of swapping lasers?

Hmm that's a pretty good idea. But I thought the compatibility with the no disc mode was pretty bad. Are you going to use your existing PSN account on your online console or are you making a new one? And how difficult is the process of swapping lasers?
    There are only a few games that need a disc in the drive to work, but they are making improvements on that, soon all games will be working without a disc its only a matter of time.

Plus the bad lens that I have can function enough to get the game to load, once the game is loaded the lens is no longer used because the game is running from the HDD, it only needs to get passed the boot process of loading the game which takes mere seconds, so even a have a bad lens might still be able to load games. It depends though.

As far as using my main account on the unhacked PS3, I never loaded my main account with the Jailbreak, I used offline accounts, not once did I use my main account with Jailbreak, so I am not worried about a possible ban on my main account.

And swapping out lasers was alot easier then I thought it would be, check Youtube on guides. Its way easy to open a PS3, easy to open up the drive and swap out the laser, see youtube, the process took me less than 10 minutes.

Alright thanks for the info. I'm checking craigslist but all I can find is ylod consoles. Not easily fixable correct? I have never signed into PSN on my current account after I jb'd but I did have my Ethernet connected and my local playstation account obviously signed in. Should I make a new account or is this one still safe?

Alright thanks for the info. I'm checking craigslist but all I can find is ylod consoles. Not easily fixable correct? I have never signed into PSN on my current account after I jb'd but I did have my Ethernet connected and my local playstation account obviously signed in. Should I make a new account or is this one still safe?
    I would not touch a YLOD system. There is a working fix, but its not %100. Its to risky.

Only buy systems that work but have a failed drive lens. Thats an easier fix.

If you're worried about getting banned, just make a new account, re-add your friends, trophies? Who cares about trophies. I know I don't, so go with new account.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News