Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [Answered] Noob PS3 Firmware Bypass Question

Sponsored Links
    Okay sooooo let me begin by saying that I got my ps3 here in the USA the very first day it came out on 11/17/06 . Since then I have only played it once and that was devil may cry 3 for ps2 and that was last summer.

Why? well simple. I have been waiting for it to get hacked so I can get full blown functionality out of it and have the cell processor and RSX exploited for emulation and media playback in all of their glory.

But it STILL hasn't been hacked after all these years. I am starting to get very anxious because I have bought 15 games including MGS4 and GTA4, Devil May Cry 4 and Ninja Gaiden that I have been DYING to play but am scared to play because of stupid firmware forced updates. I have the original firmware I believe its 1.0 or 1.10 I don't remember.

So my question is... FFXIII is right around the corner and I don't know how much longer I can hold out before I break under the pressure... Is there any way I can enjoy my games without fearing the Firmware gods?

I heard the resistance exploit no longer works with newer games. Is this true? Also are my dreams of playing my MKV, OGM, and AVI anime files on a big ass T.V crushed forever now that I wont be able to update my firmware?

Please help me... I will give u a virtual cookie for your efforts

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    To answer, there is no way to bypass the Firmware 'forced' updates with the exception of installing an Infectus Mod on PS3 consoles (under 2.20 I believe) and then backing up your flash, updating, and then downgrading to your own older fw flash via Infectus when you wish.

If your PS3 is a 1.00/1.10 then you may wish to consider this option before you update your Firmware.

Finally, you are correct... the Resistance exploit no longer works (for quite some time Sony plugged that hole). However, it should also be noted that currently no retail PS3 holes have been found allowing unsigned code to run, etc meaning there really isn't a strong reason (aside from personal preference, and hope that one will surface) to not update to the latest PS3 Firmware.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links

That is for you sir. Thank You. I think i might just by a second used PS3 then in the meantime until someone hacks it. Hopefully before the PS4 comes out cuz that will be a ***** if its hacked so late in the game. lol Although my warranty is probably expired by now, a mod chip is a no go for me just because that will lower its resale value. Im sure I could probably still get a lot of cash on ebay for it in the state it is in.

I wonder why its taking so long? is it perhaps legal action from sony people fear? or is the mega ultra security that good? or maybe people have become complacent because it already plays almost all media formats and its been exploited to run some emulators and linux handles everything else...

BTW I have Berserk the game for Ps2 PAL... I guess there is no way i can play that either without a mod chip?
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Curses View Post
    I wonder why its taking so long? is it perhaps legal action from sony people fear? or is the mega ultra security that good? or maybe people have become complacent because it already plays almost all media formats and its been exploited to run some emulators and linux handles everything else...
    Actually ALL of the above I would say, in a nutshell.

What are the reasons for not updating? Sorry newbie here.

Quote Originally Posted by FFWRX View Post
    What are the reasons for not updating? Sorry newbie here.
    Did you read before posting? They are stated right above, as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    However, it should also be noted that currently no retail PS3 holes have been found allowing unsigned code to run, etc meaning there really isn't a strong reason (aside from personal preference, and hope that one will surface) to not update to the latest PS3 Firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Did you read before posting? They are stated right above, as follows:
    HA! Sorry I phrased my question wrong. What were the reasons that people weren't updating?

You worded it right, that was the answer though. To reword it for clarification in case others are confused too:

What were the reasons that people weren't updating?

1) personal preference
    2) hope that one will surface (a retail PS3 hole)

Those are the only reasons, so pretty much for everyone else updating the PS3's Firmware probably makes the most sense.

My own reason for not updating: I only have (1) PS3 game, and it uses 1.10 Firmware which is what I have... and I never have time to play it anyway, so I don't bother updating my Firmware.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News