Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Noob looking for hex advice?

Sponsored Links
    OK, so I bought a dev board off of ebay a while ago, and I'm completely dumb when it comes to anything that involves code... I'm a hardware kind of guy. I'd like to learn, but have no clue where to start.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to ask what hex is compatible with my board, or what I would have to change to make it compatible with my board. Here's the link for the board [Register or Login to view links] (have to scroll down a little way)

The first time I got it, I had to update the payload and must've flashed it with the wrong hex, because it didn't work, and then I couldn't reprogram it until I jumped pin 24 to the USB casing to reset it. I just want to either find a compatible hex or find out how to create my own so I don't have to contact this guy everytime there is a payload update.

Here is the info sheet:
    AT90USB162 dev board

Use free Atmel FLIP utility to program. Download program and documents from the Atmel site. Press button while connected to PC to start bootloader.

DEVELOPERS NOTE:

The dev board has no RESET button so you must include the following in your main program to be able to access the bootloader with the tact switch:

DECLARE BEFORE MAIN LOOP:
    void (*start_bootloader) (void)=(void (*)(void))0x1800;

IN MAIN LOOP:

if((PIND & (1 << 7)) == 0)
    {
    TIMSK1=0; //Disable timer interrupt
    USB_ShutDown(); //Shutdown USB
    _delay_ms(100); //Wait
    (*start_bootloader)();
    }
    Any advice is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    its a 16mhz AT90USB162 dev board... search the forum for hex which is compatible for teensy 1.0. there are loads of post talking about the teensy 1.0 hex. plus the new hermes payload v3 is the latest for this board.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's the C code that needs to go into the psgroove.c file in the main() function. I put mine right after the for(; instruction. That's an infinite loop.

The code basically sez if someone presses the button, put the board in DFU mode (programming mode). You have to modify the Makefile.psgroove file and change whatever MCU =, BOARD =, and F_CPU = are to appropriate values.

For my Atmel AT90USB162-16au board, the settings are:

MCU = at90usb162
    BOARD = TEENSY
    F_CPU = 16000000

Then you type make and hit enter. Granted, you need to have a proper environment setup. I use Linux. I had to make some small changes to the Makefile.payload (I believe). I removed the reference to the .exe and I pointed the makefile to the directory my PS3 compiler resides in (I wasn't using the cross compiler they speak of in the readme's. I was using another one.) Best of luck
    Last edited by SporkSchivago; 10-05-2010 at 08:56 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This board should have a reset button in the middle. Put the micro switches away from the usb end (DFU) Start Amtel Flip. Plug in your chip. Select the ATI...162 from the "Cable" button. Press the "Chip" button in Flip. If it says 'unable to open' press the reset button on the chip and try again. You may have to do this a couple times to get it to register in the Flip software.

Hope to help.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News