Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] No sound on some movies?

Sponsored Links
    I have been using my external Hard Drive to play movies that I have downloaded and it worked fine but recently the movies I download have no sound when I play them on my PS3 but play fine with my computer. Is there something I need to do to get the sound or a codec or something? Thanks

Sponsored Links

Smile No sound on some movies?

Sponsored Links
    Hi DaddyJax

What I recommend you do is to go and download a free app called 'HandBrake' at the following URL [Register or Login to view links]

Here is a copy of some info from the site.

What HandBrake Is, What HandBrake Isn't

HandBrake is a GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder.

HandBrake is not a ripper. It converts video, it does not rip it byte by byte. It does not crack the latest DVD copy protection schemes hatched by the studios.

It converts video from nearly any format to a handful of modern ones—that's it.

Check it out and let me know if you don't come right.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks, I will take a look at that but I am having trouble on avi, mp4 and divx files that I have had no problems in the past. I know that computers have to be updated with codecs and so on so I wondered if the PS3 had some updates or is there something else?

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News