Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Confused [Answered] No PS3 Disc Icon help?

Sponsored Links
    So I updated a 60g fat to kmeaw. It all went fine but the disc icon is gone from xmb, although i still have the small spinning disc icon on top right of screen. I had a disc in the tray when I did the update if its relevant. Is there any way to reverse this? Now I cannot play dvds,cds or bluray and I'm well pissed off. Any help would be appreciated.
    Best Answer - Posted by TheShroomster:

After you format and reinstall Kmeaw, if the drive still wont show the icon. i would recommend taking the drive apart (depending on if you think you can disassemble it without damaging anything). take the metal casing off the drive and then remove the top plastic plate from the blu-ray (like 6 small phillips screws), then manually put the disk on the spindle and the magnet on top (so disk does not spin off like a frisbee) and make sure all drive connections are secure, then power on PS3 if the laser works you will be able to see the violet laser through the disk. Again its not too hard to disassemble the drive, just make sure your confident enough in not destroying it before you start.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Look in the MultiMan options screen second from the left i think and make sure hide disk icon on xmb isn't enabled.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Tried that thanks, but no joy.

Tried reverting to ofw 3.55 as well but still no disc. arrrrrrgh

Greetings from Ireland btw
    Last edited by MUGSY; 07-24-2011 at 09:32 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

only a thought... have you replaced a new bluray drive or gave it knock as it might of loosened a cable as i replaced my drive and the disc icon wasn't there but when i checked a cable was slightly out... just a process of elimination really.

If you tried that and still no icon could be a dead laser. i have a phat that has a dead laser and the clock spins but the disk icon wont appear. I would be willing to bet thats what the issue is.

If it was working fine before you switched to CFW then you probably got a bad flash. Go into the Recovery Mode and re-flash the CFW using the menu. You can also try reformatting the HD, but be sure to BACK UP everything before you try that as it will all get erased.

1. With the system in standby mode. Press and hold the power button down until the system turns on and then off again. Release the power button.
    2. After about 1 - 2 seconds press and hold the power button again, until you hear 2 consecutive beeps. Release the power button. During this step you will actually hear three beeps. There will be one single beep then a short delay followed by 2 consecutive beeps. Only release the power button after you hear the 2 consecutive beeps.

At this point the PS3 Recovery Menu will be shown on the screen.

Try to restore the HD or reflash your current firmware version.

I didn't replace the drive. It was fine until I put on kmeaw after ofw. I just reinstalled kmeaw but still no disc.

Try backing up the HD and reformatting it. It really sounds like you got a bad flash from the CFW. You can also try to rebuild the HD database from the recovery menu before you format it.

I rebuilt the database and now doing a full format. Thanks for the help lads , will let you know how I get on.

The database rebuild didn't fix it? Sorry to hear that. Please post back with your results, I've never seen this problem before and am interested in the solution.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News