Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I read somewhere that installing cfw with a disc in drive can blow the laser. I hope its bs. The drive accepts and ejects discs no problem. Could it be a dirty lens?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yup it's bs. You could try to install 3.55 ofw via service mode.

Sent from my X10mini using Tapatalk.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Will try installing ofw when full format completes.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Try downloading another copy of Kmeaw 3.55. Check this thread for a link: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...ry-118021.html
    There is no need to try OFW before CFW 3.55, but if you want to try that it won't hurt.

After you format and reinstall Kmeaw, if the drive still wont show the icon. i would recommend taking the drive apart (depending on if you think you can disassemble it without damaging anything). take the metal casing off the drive and then remove the top plastic plate from the blu-ray (like 6 small phillips screws), then manually put the disk on the spindle and the magnet on top (so disk does not spin off like a frisbee) and make sure all drive connections are secure, then power on PS3 if the laser works you will be able to see the violet laser through the disk. Again its not too hard to disassemble the drive, just make sure your confident enough in not destroying it before you start.

Well the format and reflash didn't work. I'll try disassembling the drive after work tomorrow. Thanks Shroomster.

Let us know how it goes and while your in the drive if you determine the laser is bad, get the part number off the tray the laser sits in. it will be begin with either kes or kem (if its a fat model, not sure on the slims) and good luck with it.

Well lads looks like my lasers shot. Thanks for all the help especially shroomster.

P.S. Any links to a cheap KEM 400 AAA IN Europe.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News