[Answered] No battery on PS3 motherboard help?

So I bought this slim with sound but no video. I have tried every thing to fix it through the xmb. I tore it apart and found that there was a reflow done and the battery is missing from the board.

I don't think the missing battery will affect the video output but can someone confirm this?

No the battery is only for saving the settings! When you unplug it. And you Ps3 may be a unfix able brick, or the repair is more expensive than a new PS3

Thanks for the reply, I have come to the conclusion this ps3 is a parts machine.

you might need to get it reball ?

i actually think its simpler than that. if OP hasnt done so, he should use the video reset technique and use a composite cable to attach to the tv for testing purposes. if this still fails then a proper reflow with cpu/gpu plate removal and flux will hopefully do the trick, otherwise its a parts machine but dont give up yet.

the video technique works for me when my machine is in fsm and it wont display in either hdmi or component but it does in composite. i know its unlikely but you never know.

you bought a new slim or used slim from someone. If the case is latter, you got scammed! in case you bought it new, ask for a refund or get different ps3