Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Newer PS3 CFW questions help?

Sponsored Links
    I'm on kmeaw 3.55 never downgraded works fine but i want to play newer games. what cfw is the best for playing backups and psn games without patching games?

i would like to pop in a game back it up and play from external hdd and internal also is any new cfws still downgradeable with special downgrade pup

phat 60 gig
    kmeaw 3.55
    multiman 4.xx
    Best Answer - Posted by BluRay:

You can play newer games even on 3.55 kmeaw with EBOOT fixes. Sincerely, It's not worth aiming for 3.55+ unless you have a way to fix your PS3 already, such as flasher or at least a friend who has It. Things such as RSOD can only be fixed by software on 3.55. Is avoiding downloading a few eboot fixes enough reason for you to go to 3.55+ and have a chance of randomly RSODing and wasting a hundred dollars on a hardware flasher? I think not.

What I do is have 3.55.3 and 4.21.1 Rebug CFW installed, I put both CFWs on my PS3 HDD and activate system update debug, so i can switch between both in 2~3 minutes. When I want to play a game with no 3.55 fix, I switch to 4.21 and before turning off my PS3 I get back to 3.55.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have multiman with kmeaw.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm using REBUG 4.21.1 with multiman 4.13 because it can decrypt games with 4.25+, as far as i've seen it's the best.

You can play newer games even on 3.55 kmeaw with EBOOT fixes. Sincerely, It's not worth aiming for 3.55+ unless you have a way to fix your PS3 already, such as flasher or at least a friend who has It. Things such as RSOD can only be fixed by software on 3.55. Is avoiding downloading a few eboot fixes enough reason for you to go to 3.55+ and have a chance of randomly RSODing and wasting a hundred dollars on a hardware flasher? I think not.

What I do is have 3.55.3 and 4.21.1 Rebug CFW installed, I put both CFWs on my PS3 HDD and activate system update debug, so i can switch between both in 2~3 minutes. When I want to play a game with no 3.55 fix, I switch to 4.21 and before turning off my PS3 I get back to 3.55.

Thank you bluray that is a good point and easy to do

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News