Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Newbie PS3 questions

Sponsored Links
    Ok, so I got my PS3 yesterday. I set up my home wireless network and connect to the net through a dail up 3G/HSDPA connection on my laptop. I downloaded and installed the latest firmware. I can also use the browser to view websites. I cannot however register on the PSN. I get "Connection to server could not be established" or something like that and sometimes I get a 800XXXXX error. But I am not too bothered about that because I think my 3G/HSDPA internet connection is to blame. I woud like to know how to access the ps3 hard drive? Do I do it through the network from my laptop, because I cannot see the PS3 on "My Network Places" in Windows XP. I don't see a file explorer/browser or something similar on PS3 itself. I don't get this. I want to copy movies, music and pictures to my ps3. Please help

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can not access the PS3 HDD, atleast not yet! One can assume its your connection/firewall etc, you need HTTPS ports open, among other things (test w/ sticking your firewall in the OFF mode).

To copy data, you can copy it to a memory stick or external HDD, and copy it to the ps3, (or via the ps3 webbrowser, download the file), its not a very nice solution, but its the only one we have atm!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1. Problems with PSN access might be related to firewall (either build in windows one or third party) on your PC. Change of the settings or temporary deactivation might help.

2. There is no (direct) way of accessing your PS3 from PC however it could be done other way around - you can access your PC from PS3 using it's web browser.

You'll need to either install some 3rd party application (web server) or use the one bulid in the WIndows XP. In both cases you'll need to copy / move files to specific folders to be visble form "outside".

Also - have a look here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=7 - First one on the top might be what you're looking for.
    Last edited by GrandpaHomer; 03-26-2007 at 11:21 AM

Big Grin

Thanks so much for the quick replies. I will try all the advice as soon as I get home

A few PS3 questions

hey guys, it been a long time since i have been on here. anyway i am goin over 2 the US next year (live in uk) and i was wondering if it is worth buying it over there?

since the uk 1 does not have ps2 playback, which is totally pathetic imo, i thought it might b better if i got a US 1 as it is much cheaper as well. also i know it cant play the pal blu ray dvds but can it play ordinary pal dvds?

does the online work with all games? will it run off the 230V in the uk if i buy a new power cable?

sorry if these questions have been answered before or if they are noobish

thanks

Voltages are universal, so yeah you can plug your ps3 into an American outlet. Technically dvd's are region locked, however I'm pretty sure there's a bypass through linux and VLC (Search these forums).

Could you clarify the question "does the online work with all games?"

Newbie questions

Hi guys, being the proud owner of a PS3 system, I do have a few questions that come to mind while browsing through PS3News.com, namely:

1. Having read about ISOs of PS3 games, I wonder how would one go about transferring the ISO (presumably downloaded on a PC) onto the HDD of the PS3 itself?

2. Does the PS3 OS (for lack of a better term) run from the 60GB HDD itself, or does is it stored and run from a location outside of the HDD?

3. If the answer to the above question is that it does not run from within the HDD, then am I able to replace the in-built 60GB HDD with a larger one, presumably for future expansion purposes?

4. Is there any possible way to find out if the emulation of the PS2 games within my PS3 unit is done via hardware emulation or software emulation?

5. Have there been any conclusive reviews or studies done to prove which form of PS2 game emulation (software or hardware) has better performance or graphics?

6. Is one able to access the HDD on the PS3 via a Windows-based PC (presumably, the PS3 is connected to a LAN via Ethernet or Wi-Fi)?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

Ok look I am gonna say this for u!!! everything u ever need to know is on this site watch out posting stuff that has already been posted ok. Google it if u need more help. but yes it runs from the HDD and look for YDL 5.0 install instructions and u will have all u need to know and as far as Emulators they all suck as of right now sorry bout your luck

Quote Originally Posted by akrondavinohio View Post
    Ok look I am gonna say this for u!!! everything u ever need to know is on this site watch out posting stuff that has already been posted ok. Google it if u need more help. but yes it runs from the HDD and look for YDL 5.0 install instructions and u will have all u need to know and as far as Emulators they all suck as of right now sorry bout your luck
    Like he said, this information has recently been added to the site. the link is:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...tml#post169034

Actually I would of thought the PS3 OS (XMB) would run from a flash chip the same as the PSP does,

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News