Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Red Face [Answered] New slim ps3 firmware?

Sponsored Links
    Sorry noobie here. I just got my 120G PS3 slim. It has Software Version 2.76 on it right out of the box. My question is what firmware is safe to update to? I have read so much about some firmware update shelled peoples PS3's. I defiantly don't want that to happen to me especially with it being only 2 days old!!

Could someone point me in the right direction on which firmware is safe to update to for now? Thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

No widespread issues were reported to date with PS3 Firmware 3.10 on this site nor any other major news sites (Sony's Forums, N4G, IGN, GameSpot, JoyStiq, Kotaku, etc) so it should be fine to update to it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you need the latest firmware for online playing, home or psn store, when you update the ps3 with system update, it will always download the latest firmware version.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hywy View Post
    you need the latest firmware for online playing, home or psn store, when you update the ps3 with system update, it will always download the latest firmware version.
    Thanks for the reply. I know you can just download it through the ps3 itself. But what I want to know is the latest firmware safe that it will download and install? Is there any problems? Like what everyone had problems with like the 3.01 or 3.00 firmware?
    Last edited by mgdking; 12-01-2009 at 11:31 PM

No widespread issues were reported to date with PS3 Firmware 3.10 on this site nor any other major news sites (Sony's Forums, N4G, IGN, GameSpot, JoyStiq, Kotaku, etc) so it should be fine to update to it.

Ok thanks for the reply. I guess I will update it then. Hopefully all is well with this 3.10 firmware.

Has anyone checked and/or confirmed if the firmware patch file BDPT_FIRMWARE_PACKAGE_306R.PKG suspected of causing the BD drive problems with firmware 3.00/3.01 is included with 3.10?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Gums View Post
    Has anyone checked and/or confirmed if the firmware patch file BDPT_FIRMWARE_PACKAGE_306R.PKG suspected of causing the BD drive problems with firmware 3.00/3.01 is included with 3.10?
    I to would like to know the answer to this question?? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Gums View Post
    It is included, however, I'd bet that it's been updated. However since its encrypted, we have no way of knowing. But, since there have not been massive reports of systems bricking - you probably won't have any problems upgrading!

Thanks for the update CJPC. If indeed the firmware package has been updated since 3.00/3.01 and I update from 2.76 direct to 3.10, I should only get the 3.10 version and not the 3.00/3.01 versions, correct? Or, will there be incremental updates that will automatically be installed just to get me up to date with the 3.10 version?

I have never seen incremental updating. I just downloaded an update and installed even if it was 3 versions later. It seems as if SONY chucks everything they want you to have in a firmware update and remove features they don't want you to have anymore. My opinion: download once and install once.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News