Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] New PS3 HDD help?

Sponsored Links
    i have a new hdd and would like to install 4.20 cfw.

any help will be greatly welcomed and thanks in advance
    Best Answer - Posted by Bigbones87:

The ps3 system formats any new hard drive for that system, and will only put part of the firmware on the hard drive, assuming you have a nor console. Whatever firmware that your console is on, is what your hard drive will be as well. Nothing cfw after 3.55. Try minverchecker to see if you can downgrade.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hello slerho! As of right now cfw only go up to 3.55.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So i guess im out of luck with running a cfw?

Maybe just out of luck for a 4.20 cfw for now. There is always the option of a hardware flasher to downgrade your firmware to 3.55 (if your ps3 came with 3.55 or lower). Then from there you can get 3.55 cfw.

Yeah sorry CFW real is 3.55 and lower. You can search on how to downgrade from your version. There should be videos out there and how-to guides that can help you. I hope this helps.

I have a complete wipe hdd nothing on it

The ps3 system formats any new hard drive for that system, and will only put part of the firmware on the hard drive, assuming you have a nor console. Whatever firmware that your console is on, is what your hard drive will be as well. Nothing cfw after 3.55. Try minverchecker to see if you can downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by slerho View Post
    I have a complete wipe hdd nothing on it
    To elaborate a little more - the PS3 still stores some data internally, on a flash chip. The only way to downgrade would be using hardware (depending on your HW revision), hooked inside the PS3 to bring it to a lower version.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News