Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] New to PS3 CFW questions help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello everyone! I just bought a PS3 fat with CFW 3.55 on it. I am curious about what to do next. As soon as I connected it to the internet, it started nagging about a software update. Obviously, I didn't update, but I am quite sure that this version of CFW is old. I think it has Multiman 2.1 on it.

So, speaking in noob terms, what should I upgrade to, based on the FAT verision and processor? I just brought Bioshock Infinite a few days ago and my other system insisted that I update to play, so I am assuming that it will still be the case for this PS3? How do you circumvent that? Thanks so much for your help!
    Best Answer - Posted by Liongooder:

First of all you should update the firmware, i'd recommend Rogero 4.40 v1.03

check this: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/r...-and-reactpsn/

with this CFW you can play all the latest games, here is the latest multiman:

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-ps2-classics/

finally if ya wanna get rid of the rogero boot logo just tell me,after you get to that.

have a nice day.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    First of all you should update the firmware, i'd recommend Rogero 4.40 v1.03

check this: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/r...-and-reactpsn/

with this CFW you can play all the latest games, here is the latest multiman:

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-ps2-classics/

finally if ya wanna get rid of the rogero boot logo just tell me,after you get to that.

have a nice day.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm new to the ps3 systems and wanna know if doing this I have a chance of being banned from psn, or if the trophies will still work..
    My only goal to do this is to be able to donwload games and play them online, probably using MultiMAN v04.30.00 that is avaliable on this site.

If anyone could help me not to do brick my ps3 that would be great.

And btw, congrats for the site/post, it has really come in handy.

Just enquries over here too.. Just bought a second hand PS3 Slim with 160GB HDD with newest firmware 4.40 .

If i want to play all the all games... What should i do next ?

Can i just download the firmware Rogero 4.40 v1.03 as what Liongooder recommended and must it be CEX or DEX ?

what the different... pls help as i really want to play all the download games and the original CFW was 4.40...

I have the same console that komabt75 with 4.40 (no jailbreak) and the same doubts..

Wanna know if I have to jailbreak the ps3 before installing the Rogero that Liongooder recommended and which one should I download

Also which version of MutliMan I should download and how to install it.. what do I have to do next?

Just install Rebug 4.30.2 by following the guide below:

1- Make NOR/NAND dump (optional):
    Install latest version of multiMAN, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, launch multiMAN under Games and go to mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->DUMP LV2(NO)->DUMP LV1(NO)->DUMP FLASH(YES)

2- Install Rebug 4.30.2 from XMB:
    Download Rebug 4.30.2, verify the md5 hash, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE and go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's no original game disk in the drive and that you don't Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW higher than 3.55!

3- Install Rebug Update Package 0.1:
    Download Rebug_Update_Package_0.1_4.30.x.pkg, verify the md5 hash, install it from Package Manager, launch it under Games, follow the on screen prompts, the screen will freeze for a while when you press Yes, do NOT force shut down your PS3 at this stage or else you will get a nice and shiny RSOD! Just be patient and wait for it to finish what it's doing, it will reboot if needed when finished. Once the PS3 has rebooted you can delete Rebug Update Package from your XMB as it is not needed.

4- Enable QA and spoof to 4.40:
    Install Rebug Toolbox from Package Manager, launch it under Games, go to Utilities and enable QA. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading. Now go to Selector and change System Mode to Rebug, this will spoof to 4.40 to prevent accidental updates and allow PSN access. You can also change XMB Operation Mode to Retail and Debug Menu Type to CEX QA to ensure you have the Retail menus instead of the Debug menus which you probably won't need.

How about Slim PS3 with 160GB Hdd and latest firmware 4.40... What step should we do..

Can this firmware 4.40 be downgrade to ver 3.50 or just upgrade to Rogreo 4.40 CEX ??

Hello everybody, too many questions in one thread, this may result in many ambiguous answers, if anyone needs help please make your own thread & i promise that i'll help everyone, just to help all the sides please make your own thread & thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News