Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] New HDD for PS3 help?

Sponsored Links
    so since i'm having OFW 4.30 i'm not able to downgrade it well with a flasher it will.

if i replace the HDD is it than possible to get firmware 3.55 somehow or do i need more files for it?
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

The e3 has all that you need. The nor flasher still needs a way to connect the hard drive to the ps3. So one could buy a sata station and that would do. You have to remember that when you are dealing with the e3 there is a clip system in it and if that is not sitting on there right it will make a bad dump and if you write with a bad dump then you are not going to get your ps3 back from that.

if you do this make sure that you post your dump up and have someone check it and make sure that it is right before you do anything else. thanks and if you would like we have some people that will do the downgrade for you for a fee and you don't have to worry about it. thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    if you updated the console then the only way to downgrade back to 3.55 is with a e3 or a progskeet. inside a playstation update file there are several smaller .pkg package files that update different regions of the ps3, only dev_flash is stored on the hard drive and the more important core_os_package.pkg is flashed onto the nor chip so we clip the e3 device onto this chip and make a backup because it stores some very important console data then basically we reprogram the consoles chip with data from the 3.55 package file and then you can reinstall 3.55

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This, replacing the HDD won't make any difference except make you lose all of your personal stuff. 4.30 ofw is now burned onto the PS3 internal memory itself.

PS3 OFW 3.40 to 3.55 help?

so i've researched some more on this site and found allot of information. i've searched for the e3 and i found 2 different ones.

E3 Nor Flasher - Downgrader with e-sata dock and E3 Flasher NOR Clip suit without e-sata dock

is it possible to use without e-sata dock? if yes do i need something to replace it or something?

like sata to esata cable?

and does somebody have a great youtube tut that explains good step by step to use?

All of those are in our E3 thread, you will need to sift through it but it's full of all the related videos, files, diagrams, etc.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ng-120586.html

The e3 has all that you need. The nor flasher still needs a way to connect the hard drive to the ps3. So one could buy a sata station and that would do. You have to remember that when you are dealing with the e3 there is a clip system in it and if that is not sitting on there right it will make a bad dump and if you write with a bad dump then you are not going to get your ps3 back from that.

if you do this make sure that you post your dump up and have someone check it and make sure that it is right before you do anything else. thanks and if you would like we have some people that will do the downgrade for you for a fee and you don't have to worry about it. thanks

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News