Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] New Blu-ray Movies require 3.60 update to play?

Sponsored Links
    Movies such as Battle for Los Angeles, which just recently came out, are requiring the 3.60 FW update. I've looked around the web very quickly, and I'm not seeing any mention of this.

I bought the disc on 6/15 and popped it in, and bam... disc requires 3.60 update or later. Turning off the network connection doesn't get rid of the issue either, the update is on the disc. I assume because Sony made it, that's why the update is there.

I don't know if this is a new trend, but it looks like I'll be needing to upgrade my 3.41.

Thought this might be important.

MOVIE - BATTLE FOR LOS ANGELES.

Format: AC-3, Dolby, Dubbed, Subtitled, Widescreen
    Language: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
    Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
    Number of discs: 1
    Rated: PG-13 (Parental Guidance Suggested)
    Studio: Sony Pictures
    DVD Release Date: June 14, 2011
    ASIN: B004ULEEY8

Wynd
    Best Answer - Posted by wyndcrosser:

So, I upgraded from my original dongle (BlackCat) 3.41 jailbreak to Kmeaw CFW 3.55 and then added the 3.60 spoof from rebug, and added the BDEMU.rar pkg to restore Blu Ray ability.

So far, all games work and movies work just fine (and homebrew).

Wynd

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would try a firmware spoofer to get around this, but I don't know any for 3.41 ATM. Sony Pictures has been putting firmware upgrade files on their discs for a while now as another back handed way to force firmware upgrades. This is probably the first to "require" 3.60. In truth the only major item for BR playback that would really a firmware upgrade would be the AACS keys that are suppose to be updated every 18 months or so.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you own a disc, your allowed to download it "illegal" for private use, with no restrictions. Just as an little wink, I'm not going to support illegal downloads, but when you already paid for it, it's fair.

I wasn't aware Sony did that, crazy. Is it just Sony released movies or all the studios? That really sucks because my PS3 is my primary BD player.

LOL.. if i was sony i'd do this also and with music cds and blank cds etc..everything i possibly could..id want to stop cfw, homebrew and possiblity of piracy.. i'm not sony so i think this sucks. buy a cheap blu ray player or use dvds upscaled to 1080p.

i've never watched a bluray in my life.. oh i lied i hired xfiles to see if there is a diff between blu ray and dvd.. never again and i certainly would be extremely angry if i upgraded for a crappy movie like battle la.. LOL

there's ways around everything so its not a big deal.. i prefer torrent divx mate!~

As has been said before just download a rip of the movie in mkv format, then use showtime to watch it. Since you have bought the bluray to begin with you perfectly entitled to

its a pity the law in NZ is the opposite, You cannot make a copy or download a copy, or transfer the medium of the media. It sucks, so I can't backup any of my kids dvd's or anything..

ok

So, I upgraded from my original dongle (BlackCat) 3.41 jailbreak to Kmeaw CFW 3.55 and then added the 3.60 spoof from rebug, and added the BDEMU.rar pkg to restore Blu Ray ability.

So far, all games work and movies work just fine (and homebrew).

Wynd

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News