Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Netflix on PS3 CFW help?

Sponsored Links
    I am trying to figure out if Netflix will work on CFW. I tried to search for the answer in the forums and read all 8 pages that showed up under netflix 4.41 and also this article: http://www.ps3news.com/playstation-3...-demo-arrives/

I'm under the impression that if someone is using 4.41 CFW they can log into PSN still, but there is a threat of being banned. Any idea how likely it is to be banned only using Netflix and not playing a game online?

There are also ways to unban or prevent being banned, such as changing MAC or using PSIDPatch. A different route to go, which doesn't have a risk of being banned, is to use a USB dongle and PS2 Netflix disc. How accurate is all that?

Basically, I want to put CFW on my PS3, but before going through the hassle I need to know if I will still be able to access Netflix. I don't have cable/dish TV, so if I lose it my wife will kill me. What route would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sponsored Links

Netflix on PS3 help?

Sponsored Links
    I've come to the conclusion that there is two methods of making it work, is this correct? One way you can use Netflix is if you are using SEN Enabler and Disabler.

There other way is the trick were you ban Netflix on your router in order to trick it into believing PSN is unavailable. Is there a threat of being banned using either method? Which method would you recommend using or is there a method I didn't list?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Tricking your router would be the best way. I would use psntools also to be extra safe.

Who knows if netflix communicates with Sony on CFW consoles using their service.

There's always a risk of being banned, no matter what, I got banned for just updating my trophies and watching Netflix, I never played online. You can use Netflix on your PC as well, link your PC or laptop to your HD TV and use that.

I played online numerous times in my CFW PS3 and never got banned, never used some sort of protection available today and still got online access on my console.

Even my friends see's my "What's my playing" status running a Multiman ) and those my friends are legit ones but they really never bothered about me as long as I played with them fair square. Still I never bothered playing BOPS2 on my PS3 or either of its sequel nor the COD series, why? I played it on my PC and thats fair enough.

As for netflix, you cant bypass that easily since when you login to netflix, it requires you to login to PSN first then your Netflix account. If you have a SmartTV, just download the Netflix app and use that instead. Been watching netflix rentals on my Samsung SmartTV.

Netflix could have been updated to fix this now, but before if netflix could not reach PSN, e.g. PSN was down, it would then allow you to log into netflix still through your ps3, the way to force this was to block PSN adresses on your router, so when it tried to log into PSN, it would think its down...

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News