Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Need info on .PKG

Sponsored Links
    I really need someone to explain me the structure of game patch .pkg's and what is the best method to extract the contents.

Thanks in advance
    Best Answer - Posted by internetfloozy:

"make_package_npdrm.exe" is a component of the PS3sdk (1.6 is partially available via torrent etc, 1.92 is around but i don't think readily available to everyone)

It is use to unpack debug .pkg files but last I played with it there was no way to unpack a retail .pkg

This is a post that I made back in January picking apart a dev pkg that has some decent info as well.
    http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...-108974-2.html

Also Zerotacg as a nice template for 010 editor that will label the sections of the dev pkg to make things easier to find.
    http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...0&d=1265055927

But there is nothing that I know of able to extract a retail pkg

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i would also like to know this..

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    There are actually several threads on this topic in the Forums, here is one result from a search to get you started:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...ure-57073.html

Thanks for that Boss, would you be able to link me to a guide that I can use to extract the contents.

There are several PUP unpackers around, but as far as I'm aware there is no PKG unpacker (or guide on extracting the contents of a PKG file) available yet.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    There are several PUP unpackers around, but as far as I'm aware there is no PKG unpacker (or guide on extracting the contents of a PKG file) available yet.
    Whats about with one of this :

Win : [Register or Login to view links]

Mac : [Register or Login to view links] !
    Last edited by oVERSoLDiER; 08-24-2010 at 11:14 AM

That's for a different type of .pkg extension files, sadly not the one the PS3 uses or there would have been a guide on it years ago.

Oh.

*.pkg = Installer script / Installer Programm-Package

One of them, the PS3 must use. Or they are just faked and be emulated if my phat lady needs it

Boss can someone take a look at this guide from Michael and see if it would work:

[Register or Login to view links]
    How to unpack and pack PKG's, on Linux, and now Windows!

You need a root account in Linux for this! I used Ubuntu 10.04. The SDK is for Windows as well, but there's no readme for the files. So I set up VMWare with Ubuntu so I can use Linux inside Windows.

For Linux:
    In Ubuntu, Fedora, Yellow Dog, etc, type "sudo apt-get install yum" in Terminal.
    Type in your root password.
    Now, look for a repository with PS3 binaries. You can get some from PS3Bodega.
    You need the PS3 SDK kit as well, the full one. You can't get the full 600MB one from pretty much anywhere unless you search. I can't give a link since it's not allowed.
    With yum and the RPM installed, now you can just type "yum ps3unpkgr" in Terminal instead of code editing.
    When you get the SDK and install the binaries (the RPM is right there), you can use "ps3unpkgr -x <PKG name>" and unpack everything.

To pack it into a PKG again, use "ps3unpkgr -c <PKG name>" and it will pack.
    I'm not going to sit and explain everything so thoroughly if you don't know how to do it. If you really are wanting more, reach me another way.

To do this in Windows:
    Download the PS3 SDK.
    Go into the "host-win32" folder.
    Go into "bin."
    In Command Prompt, drag "make_package_npdrm.exe" into the prompt, and use -x <PKG name> to decompress. Use -c <PKG name> to compress.
    This unpacker will only work for certain PKGs! Luckily, the patch falls under this category.
    As I have tried and failed 4x
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

e14tw0.jpg  
    Last edited by Darny; 08-24-2010 at 12:58 PM

"make_package_npdrm.exe" is a component of the PS3sdk (1.6 is partially available via torrent etc, 1.92 is around but i don't think readily available to everyone)

It is use to unpack debug .pkg files but last I played with it there was no way to unpack a retail .pkg

This is a post that I made back in January picking apart a dev pkg that has some decent info as well.
    http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...-108974-2.html

Also Zerotacg as a nice template for 010 editor that will label the sections of the dev pkg to make things easier to find.
    http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...0&d=1265055927

But there is nothing that I know of able to extract a retail pkg
    Last edited by internetfloozy; 08-24-2010 at 03:45 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News