[Answered] Need help with FTP SERVER and internal hd?
hey, i bought a new slim ps3 and i orderd a ps3 jailbreak (its should be here in few days) anyway, i want to make sure i know how to use it, i alredy red few tutorials and i have questions:
1) if i dont have external hd, can i get out the hd from old computer lets say and transform games from this to the ps3 (i think its impossible but i asked to be sure)
2) i don't have enough money to buy a external hd, so - my only way to transform games its ftp, my question is how to run the pkg file to make the blackbox at ps3 (just read it from usb device?) also, can i play bigger games then 4GB if i transform By ftp? transforming by ftp doing any damage?
3) how can i prevent the ps3 from updates when i'm going online?
thanks in advance
Best Answer -
Posted by Cevapi
What PS3 firmware is on your Slim? If it's anything above 3.41 your not gonna be able to use the exploit (yet) I'm afraid...
But to answer your questions:
1. You won't be able to use your old computers HDD unless you take out your PS3s internal HDD and swap it with that. I'm sure you have plenty of space for some games to fit on the internal one. If it's getting full just erase some
2. To run .PKG files, just put them on a regular USB stick and pop them in your PS3 (After you jailbreak it) then just go to 'Install package files' and install the .PKG.
3. Yes. You can copy games that are bigger than 4GB using FTP. And no, FTP won't damage anything. Worst case scenario you'll just have to re-copy the game again if it gets corrupted for some reason.
4. If you update. You can't run your exploits. So I'm afraid you can't go online... for now.