Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] Need help decrypting a SELF file

Sponsored Links
    Okay so I have obtained the default_mp.self from an Mw2 ISO, now I need help decrypting it an editing it so the EBOOT will allow modded patches. If you know how this is done or would like to help me get modded lobbies for Ps3 Mw2 running let me know because I really wanna figure this out ASAP, as I know you need the default_mp.self and a patch_mp.ff for Mw2 to start and I have both, now I just need some help from you guys thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

The problem is, especially on a retail console - you can't re-encrypt it. Now, what you could do, is get (if available) the development patch (that, is already unencrypted), patch it and run it on a dev box!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The problem is, especially on a retail console - you can't re-encrypt it. Now, what you could do, is get (if available) the development patch (that, is already unencrypted), patch it and run it on a dev box!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    We see a lot of members that want to mod mw2, and the only persons that made it are hunter128 and the unknown. They modded cod 4 , 5 and 6 ! Have you any idea how its done CJ , coz i dont think that they have dev box. Or if it is the HDD method ?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Yeah I know but you know this is how Hunter started was like me, and then TheUnkn0wn stepped up and helped him therefore they both found a way to mod game patches for the Ps3. And that is what I hope for me is for someone smart enough to help me with this to step up to the plate.

Well - the better question, is what are you trying to do with it? In the debug patch, there are both selfs (game, and multiplayer) unencrypted.

With a dev box (or now, a retail box with exploit) you should be able to modify and run it

Yes he use a dev unit to mod a patch , there is no other method.

After he compile a new patch with VIP infection, he could infect his friend via Lan.

can someone convert the xbox default_mp.xex to .elf for me please?

Quote Originally Posted by BucN View Post
    can someone convert the xbox default_mp.xex to .elf for me please?
    I have very big news: You CANNOT convert xbox xbx to elf files.

what if we extract the binary data with xextool, and then convert the binary to elf

I hope you are not speaking of converting a xex to an elf, in hopes of running it on the PS3, needless to say that will not work, at all.

Again - I already mentioned (many times) how to get a decrypted ELF for MW2, get the debug package from here: http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=ps3-debug , extract the package with make_package_npdrm -x packagename.pkg, and then open the folder it makes, and view your decrypted self!

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News