Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Need help on booting x3max?

Sponsored Links
    i did as every guide says (no disc inside, no other usbs), i flashed it with the x3max's bin+hermesv4_teensy++2.0_at90usb1286_16Mhz.hex, removed the power cable (it's a 320gb slim move bundle one), put the usb, then the power, then the button combi (click on power and click on eject the next split second, right?) and an infinite sequence of "reb-blue-red-blue" is coming from x3's leds, the jb won't work, and i'm wondering what i'm doing wrong, tryed changing hex (udip_16mhz_hermesv4b_3.50_spoof.hex), but it won't seem to work either (same result), maybe i'm using wrong hexes? somebody could post what they're using if that's the problem ?

thanks.

edit: adding a question, do i need to remove the power cable everytime i turn on the ps3 or just for when i remove the x3max ?

update: i got it to "work", the x3 now get the blue led (not flashing), but my sixaxis won't "load" and the tv says "no signal", also i can't turn off ps3 by any means, what should i do?
    Last edited by bernywtf; 12-14-2010 at 03:03 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

Quote Originally Posted by bernywtf View Post
    it mounts firmware 3.40
    Assuming you are using a standard payload, those are designed to work on 3.41 only, you may want to upgrade to 3.41, then try again.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What firmware is your ps3 on at the moment?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it mounts firmware 3.40

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by bernywtf View Post
    it mounts firmware 3.40
    Assuming you are using a standard payload, those are designed to work on 3.41 only, you may want to upgrade to 3.41, then try again.

can i ask how to upgrade ? i have the required file for my version, but... i don't know how to.

i guess it won't use my usb without a jb, so...

To upgrade your PS3? Its very simple, download the 3.41 update from here, stick it on a USB drive, in the folder PS3 -> UPDATE -> PS3UPDAT.PUP , then stick it in the PS3, go over in the xmb to the settings, system update - update from storage media, let it do its thing, it will install. Once its done, and the PS3 is back up and running, re-try the jailbreak and it should work.

Do exactly as CJPC says above and update your PS3 to 3.41. Note that the folder names on you USB drive must be in all CAPS (i.e. x:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP). Then reload the original hex you tried listed in your post above and JB. And yes, you have to remove and reinsert the power cord every time you are going to JB.

it works now, thanks ^^

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News