Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] necessary to enter recovery mode to update?

Sponsored Links
    Hi people, I updated my PS3 to fw3.41 but before updating i didnt check and the fw was the old 3.41 with which people were having problems. I have downloaded the new fixed 3.41 fw and want to update my PS3 with that...

So is it necessary to enter recovery mode or through the XMB it can be updated...

PS: I have a PS3 slim 320GB originally came with fw 3.40...
    Last edited by SinnerShanky; 11-15-2010 at 12:30 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by SinnerShanky:

Quote Originally Posted by thexnightmare View Post
    Sorry but what do you mean by recovery mode?
    Buddy don't stress over it much.. You need not goto the recovery mode to install the fixed fw.. It can be installed thru the xmb itself.. Works like a piece of cake.. I've just updated my ps3 to fixed 3.41 and everything went like a charm.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You should be able to re-install the "fixed" 3.41 firmware without issue, just boot into recovery mode and reinstall it - and you should be set.

But, the better question- are you having problems? If not, don't upgrade!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    You should be able to re-install the "fixed" 3.41 firmware without issue, just boot into recovery mode and reinstall it - and you should be set.

But, the better question- are you having problems? If not, don't upgrade!
    True, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

thanx guys.. It has been updated to fixed fw 3.41.. Was a piece of cake.. not at all complicated..

When ps3 is off gain recovery mode by pressing and holding power button till it beeps and re-powers up continue to hold till it beeps twice, release power button. Have controller charger cable hooked up and ready. it will give many restoring options. Like safe mode for your PC.

Cool Dont stress over it..

Quote Originally Posted by thexnightmare View Post
    Buddy don't stress over it much.. You need not goto the recovery mode to install the fixed fw.. It can be installed thru the xmb itself.. Works like a piece of cake.. I've just updated my ps3 to fixed 3.41 and everything went like a charm.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News