Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: NAS and PS3?

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] NAS and PS3?

Sponsored Links
    I'm thinking of getting a NAS, the western digital my book. would the ps3 be able to read and play the videos off that?

I'm thinking of connecting it to my network as a standalone device.
    Best Answer - Posted by IanJ:

You need to set up a DLNA for the PS3 to recognise the vids. I have a linksys NSLU2 with the unslung custom firmware installed. This allows me to run the NAS functionality on 2 ext hdd's plus Twonky media can stream to my PS3s. I know the custom firmware is available for a number of NAS on the market.

Here is the wiki for my unslung. Have a read at some of the other links for other drives that can be 'hacked'
    http://www.nslu2-linux.org/

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You need to set up a DLNA for the PS3 to recognise the vids. I have a linksys NSLU2 with the unslung custom firmware installed. This allows me to run the NAS functionality on 2 ext hdd's plus Twonky media can stream to my PS3s. I know the custom firmware is available for a number of NAS on the market.

Here is the wiki for my unslung. Have a read at some of the other links for other drives that can be 'hacked'
    [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News