Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [UnAnswered] My PS3 and Wii got stolen

Sponsored Links
    So someone broke into my apartment Monday night and stole my consoles and all the accessories with it. I'm so mad right now. They targeted only my game consoles. There was a laptop that was on the coffee table and my wallet and ipod were also on the table but they didnt not take those. I kept a few controllers away from the consoles and they took those too, obviously they looked around for them.

The took all the cables, so they were smart enough or familiar enough with the consoles to look for this stuff. I filed a police report but I doubt they will be able to do anything, what CAN they do? I dont even know if I can claim renters insurance because there was no sign of forced entry, they must have picked the lock.

I was wondering if anybody knew if Sony or Nintendo can help me track down the consoles if the thief were to log on to the network. Or if anybody had any luck on finding their stolen consoles?

OH... maybe you can help me keep a lookout for my PSNID: willlui

Thanks for your input.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As far as I know there is no way to track down the consoles. You cannot specifically trace a location from a mac address connected online.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    besides (if) they did steal your consoles then am sure they would just delete the old account's and start a fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by blk5oh View Post
    They targeted only my game consoles. There was a laptop that was on the coffee table and my wallet and ipod were also on the table but they didnt not take those. I kept a few controllers away from the consoles and they took those too, obviously they looked around for them.

The took all the cables, so they were smart enough or familiar enough with the consoles to look for this stuff.
    This just doesn't sit well with me... as much as I don't want to imply it, it almost sounds like the game consoles were taken by someone who knows you (which may or may not account for no signs of forced entry).

I'm probably wrong, but it's just hard to believe a thief would pass on the wallet, laptop, and ipod and waste time looking for controllers and $2 cables.

There is no way someone you know could have 'borrowed' them, perhaps not asking your permission but someone else's who lives there?

sad to hear that my friend..

My first thoughts are the same like from PS3_News. I'm pretty sure its someone who knows you.

that's too bad man. my wii was stolen, but then mysteriously appeared on my doorstep in a plastic bag about a week later. they took the SD card that was inside it though but at least i got it back. blew my mind

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News