Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Multiman Showtime & Fullscreen help?

Sponsored Links
    Is it possible to edit the Multiman showtime settings, so that when playing a movie it shows it fullscreen? I only get about 85-90% of the screen, checked the settings but didn't find anything to fill the screen to 100%.
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

In the MultiMan settings it self in the XMMB. Remember that streaming services like PS3 Media Server are actually transcoding the video into a format the PS3 understands, so the PS3 plays the stream stretched/zoomed to full screen. I haven't used Showtime yet, but I am sure that it is using local codecs that will not output the same way streaming services do. You may want to ask in the Showtime/MM thread directly.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well you can adjust the overscan options from the settings menu, that will help adjust it. But it also depends on the original resolution of the video too.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    When I play the videos from the original XMB with Twonky, Serviio or PS3 Media Server, they are all full screen, never had a problem with that. Within Showtime, it cuts left/right, top/bottom off, so that it leaves a black "box" around the video.

I didn't find any setting to set it to fullscreen or overscan, do you mean inside Showtime, or normal PS3 settings (which are already set to overscan)?

In the MultiMan settings it self in the XMMB. Remember that streaming services like PS3 Media Server are actually transcoding the video into a format the PS3 understands, so the PS3 plays the stream stretched/zoomed to full screen. I haven't used Showtime yet, but I am sure that it is using local codecs that will not output the same way streaming services do. You may want to ask in the Showtime/MM thread directly.

Will do that, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News