[Answered] Is Mugen possible for PS3 Linux or PSP?
Is Mugen possible for PS3 Linux or PSP?
If SO that would be awesome
PlayStation 3 developer lunuxx
was working on it for PS3 awhile back, and via pastie.org/2099456:
* How to build and install on ps3 (*NOTE you will need a CFW [custom firmware] or system that can boot unsigned applications):
* You will need several dependencies to setup ps3toolchain which are:
* makeinfo / texinfo
* libelf / elfutils
* Python 2.x
* nvidia-cg-toolkit (optional: for vertex shaders)
* On debian/ubuntu you can just do this:
* sudo apt-get install autoconf automake bison flex texinfo libncurses5-dev gcc make wget libelf-dev python2.6-dev zlib1g-dev libtool git-core libgmp3-dev libssl-dev pkg-config
1. Setup the ps3 toolchain and psl1ght
git clone https://github.com/ooPo/ps3toolchain.git
2. Set up the build environment for ps3toolchain
3. Execute the toolchain script *note this takes a long while (this downloads all necessary requirements and builds them all if you are missing dependencies it will tell you)
4. Grab SDL, build and install it
git clone https://github.com/cebash/SDL_PSL1GHT.git
5. Make symlinks to the ps3dev directory you just checked out in /opt
ln -s /path/to/ps3dev /opt/ps3dev
6. Set the build type environment variable to 'ps3' and build paintown
This is paintown on ps3 linux - it has mugen in it and is completely opensource I would like to port this to gameos if possible so i am reading up on porting apps to ps3 - if anyone has any suggestions let me know. It really seems to run fine as long as I am not doing anything else fyi i was playing one handed w/ the keyboard at the time - did not test network mode.