Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Move PS2Classic placeholder to different xmb category help?

Sponsored Links
    like it says in the title i would like to move the ps2classics placeholder to a different xmb category and i have tried everything i know but no luck

tried of course to edit the param.sfo but nothing. tried to make a pkg to install it into the proper category to begin with but also no luck to even make one since there is no eboot.bin

is there anybody who could help?
    Best Answer - Posted by wunderkind:

this is the xml entry that you have to use, to only let ps2 classic games show up in a specific place. you could modify any categories gamefolder and replace its entry with this. the problem is, if you only want to let it show up there, you have to edit category_game xml, cause it will show ps2classics, too. but this will break album function in game category
    Code:
    <Query class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap" key="install_2p" attr="install_2p" src="xcb://localhost/query?sort=+Game:Common.titleForSort&cond=Ae+Game:Game.category 2P"/>

credits to aldostools and his xmbm+ edits.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I tried to do the same thing but had no luck

ASToolPS3 v3.5 seems to be the best tool i have found to create PKG's (Even with no EBOOT) but couldn't get it to show on XMB, so gave up lol.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    May we know why you want to do it so badly , I would change an icon on ps3 it's much easier to preform if looks that is whats bother you

well the thing is i have different categories for different kind of games in the xmb. one category for psn games, one for retro emu, ps3 and so on. you get it. now i was able move everything where i wanted it to but the ps2classics placeholder is "stuck" in the ps3 game category and i'd like to change that.

thanks so much for this tool. this is by far the best i've encountered up until now. i was able to make the package and also to install the placeholder into the proper category, simple change the 2 letter category ID in the SFO and it will install somewhere else, but as soon as you install it into another category you can't use it anymore.

the classics manager will load the game ok but when you try to start it with the placeholder you get the error message 80010006 (corrupted file). it looks like it needs to be installed as a playstation 2 game, with 2P as category id in the SFO, or it doesn't work. i tried everything, even copying the original SFO once it was installed into the other category but no luck.

well i guess that's it for that unless someone else has any other suggestions

I've had the same problem. you have to rename the .PKG extension to lowercase and it will show fine.

dyceast do this in astools and you'll be fine

like i already said above it is no problem to get it to show in a different category but then it won't work. you said you had the same problem? did you fix it and get it to work? maybe you could give a little bit more of an explanation than "dyceast do this in astools and you'll be fine". what do you mean by that?

like it says in the title i would like to move the ps2classics placeholder to a different xmb category and i have tried everything i know but no luck. tried of course to edit the param.sfo but nothing. tried to make a pkg to install it into the proper category to begin with but also no luck to even make one since there is no eboot.bin

is there anybody who could help?

of course it does not work, cause it needs ps2 emu category. if not it can't be launched. but you can create a folder in another category and only let ps2classics show it

and how would i go about creating a folder in another category and only let ps2classics show it ? maybe you could be a little more specific. would be appreciated

Well can you take photos of your ps3's XMB to show where and how your ps3 xmb is showing.

also what category in XBM are you trying to get the placeholder to show up in?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News