Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Metal gear solid 4 PS3 help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi all, I've done a bunch of searching but haven't been able to find an answer to my problem. I'm trying to play MGS4, I have it installed on an external HDD, I'm using a 320gb PS3 slim, running on Rogero 4.30. I have also downloaded and applied the (first?) update of 5++mb

The game boots up fine (I activate permissions and set as BD mirror in mm), but when I press start to enter the title screen my controller becomes unresponsive and I'm unable to select any option, let alone start the game!

This the only title I am having trouble with, so hopefully there is a simple solution to my grievance!

Thanks for any assistance and apologies if I have placed this in the wrong section!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it doesn't work on external hdd only on internal hope that helps bro

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The metal gear solid 4 has one big file of size 12GB. when you try to play it from external FAT32 HDD using MM and Hermes BD-emu it will not work. the limitation is this that you can play games having large file upto 8GB max size on external FAT32 HDD using MM and Hermes payload.

If you want to play MGS4 copy it to PS3s Internal HDD. Enjoy.

Thanks for the info, but I'm still having the same problem, even after installing to the internal hdd.

Can someone post a step by step idiots guide to what I should be doing? This is what I've done so far.

1. Copy the 24+gb folder to external drive.
    2. Choose copy to internal via mm.
    3. Update game (515mb) via multiman
    4. Set permissions & choose internal.
    5. Load game, and choose install all data.
    6. Press start, get to title screen, can't select anything.

I've done this several times now!

Try deleting the game data, or pehaps you have a bad copy of the game so re-download/backup.

Did you try deleting the game cache data which you made by playing it from external using MM.

I have just repeated the whole process, this time clearing the game data and clearing the cache, but again to no avail. I was told at game startup to update to version 2.00, which I declined. Should I have accepted this update?

This is so frustrating as MGS4 is the only game I have any trouble with!

seems like you have a bad copy of MGS4. well than get another one and try playing that one.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News