Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Media center for PS3 help?

Sponsored Links
    Is there one that rivals or comes close to XBMC, I know there is Megabox 2.1 but I read it doesn't support HDMI.

Thanks fellas.
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

The PS3 has a number of built in functions that allow it to act as a media center without any special software. Simply use a DLNA enabled program like Windows Media Player to share your media with the PS3. The one big omission is that it won't play container type file formats like AVC and MKV.

To solve this you can run PS3Media Server on a PC on your network to transcode the video and stream it to the PS3 in a format it understands. Also, MultiMan has support for AVC and other media formats and is in constant development, you may want to check it out. I too would love to see XBMC ported to the PS3, but in the mean time here are some alternatives. Good luck!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah Man, I'm with you 100%

I Know that the jb PS3 is quite new, but you would think the first thing to be worked on would be a Media Center for it, espacially when a bunch of BDrips are coming out with that crappy Cinavia.

Apart from that, are the great plugins & scripts that can be made to use the power of the PS3 and push it to its limits.

Yeah I can't wait, bring on the PS3MC A.S.A.P.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How Sexy would the PS3MC look, we have enough Game Managers, it's time to get Serious.

A picture says a Thousand Words, for sure.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

aeon_info.jpg   aeon_lowermenu.jpg   aeon_multiplex.jpg   aeon_submenu.jpg   aeon_vis.jpg  

screenshot000.jpg   screenshot009.jpg   screenshot006.jpg   screenshot007.jpg  

The PS3 has a number of built in functions that allow it to act as a media center without any special software. Simply use a DLNA enabled program like Windows Media Player to share your media with the PS3. The one big omission is that it won't play container type file formats like AVC and MKV.

To solve this you can run PS3Media Server on a PC on your network to transcode the video and stream it to the PS3 in a format it understands. Also, MultiMan has support for AVC and other media formats and is in constant development, you may want to check it out. I too would love to see XBMC ported to the PS3, but in the mean time here are some alternatives. Good luck!

I did use PS3 media server in the past to stream wireless,but the reason I asked was that I visited a friend recently and he purchased the new Xbox, and he compared the PS3 and Xbox media capabilities and I must say the PS3 has an all text display as opposed to the XBMC format that displays your pics,music and videos in a great looking picture library including slide shows etc.

Plus the Xbox has an extender built in which helps. That's the only thing I would want from the xbox the rest is all about the PS3.

have you try Boxee? I'm not sure if that's what you looking for. I just did a quick search about xmbc and somehow Boxee is kind of related to it.

Yeah i think you can "root" a Boxee and run XBMC on it. And yes I agree that XBMC and 360 is visually better, but I have found better codec support on PS3 than 360.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News