Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Smile [UnAnswered] Maybe a new Bug ?

Sponsored Links
    hi guys ! i think i have discover a bug. I wanted to install Petit Boot Loader so i used the sony partition and i gave 10 go to anothers Os. PS3 rebooted and i intall Petit, installation complete so need to reboot. Than the PS3 reboot. As i'm a little dumb i did not remember that i have installed Petit boot so i re-install it and when the PS3 rebooted after installation impossible to load PetitBoot loader and when i turn off the playstation hoping that it will reboot on XMB nothing happened so i tell my self my pS3 is down !! Reboot after reboot (the green light made something strange ) impossible to do anything ready for being repair i tried to push the power button 10 seconds and ps3 booted on XMB ( i was so happy ! ) may be a bug i do not know

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It sounds like your PetitBoot install got corrupted, not really a bug however. This will happen quite often to those tinkering with any OtherOS applications in development. Sometimes they dont work, and a 5 second reset is the only thing that will do it, as it changes the boot flag to reset the PS3 back to XMB!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thank you, just to tell you that Petit Boot is not corupted because it works right now but you said the instalation not the soft ( just in case )

And i have seen you managed to access Xmb System File how did you do this ? may be you don't want to say it and i'll understand but it will help a lot ! and if it's not you may be you can tell me who it is.

i hope i do not go too far for a newbie in this site !

thanks for answering
    Last edited by fonky2mars; 04-25-2008 at 03:59 PM

Well not all system files, but it was done using custom code on a development machine!

ok thank, have you done it personaly or you get the info ?

thank you

Our DEV's have done it, yeah. So what do you need to know about it ?

ok what i need to know is the way you use just that because it'll help a lot. http, ftp, i have thought about a recovery soft may-be ?

thanks for helping

None, some executable code was compiled and ran on the DEV PS3 that allows us to explore the file system!

ok thank you man !

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News